In truth, my primary concern was my mental health, and I valued both of them deeply. Their attempts to force a choice or create a scenario of favoritism always ended up with me scolding them. I emphasized that I wanted both Yeontan and Jungkook in my life, and their attempts to make me choose one over the other only created unnecessary pressure. My priority was maintaining a balance and ensuring the well-being of my relationships with both of them.

Returning to the moment when mom accepted my little one into our family, to confirm that I hadn't misheard, I asked her repeatedly. It was important for me to be certain, so I inquired again and again. "Did you really say it's okay for adorable puppy to grow along with us?"

End of several inquiries, and with a reassuring gesture, she affirmed, "In my clear mind, I am saying, baby, you can have him. Since he has become one of our family, let's celebrate and give him a welcome party tonight." The noteworthy declaration marked the official inclusion of Yeontan into our family,, and we decided to celebrate with a special gathering that same night.

"Okay," I replied to her with a bright smile. Returning a warm and reassured smile, she gently took the puppy out of the box, and cradling it on her lap. As her fingers traced the furry softness, her expression shifted from curiosity to concern when she noticed the left leg of the dog was carefully wrapped in bandages.

"Baby, I need to know the actual version of what happened," she asked, her eyes now conveying a mix of worry and sternness, an expression I was anticipating would appear on her face when she discovered the puppy beneath the bed. The room held a moment of suspense as I prepared to recount the tale, my own smile now tinged with a hint of nervousness. The air was charged with a curious blend of warmth, concern, and the expectation of an unfolding story.

As she asked for the real story, it was served to her on a plate. "My first encounter with the dog happened under the shade of one of the old trees in my shortcut path, where I spotted Jungkook, a boy of my same age, struggling with the injured puppy. Judging from his expression, it was clear he needed help. Without hesitation, I voluntarily extended my hand and brought him the necessary things to treat the wounded dog.

Jungkook later confided in me, revealing that if he took the dog home, his parents would cruelly beat him. Fearing for the well-being of both him and the puppy, I felt a deep sense of responsibility and made a promise. In an effort to ease his worried heart, I vowed to protect the dog with all my might. And so, that's how I brought the little one back to our house-a commitment that extended to the very end of the world. This decision was not just a spontaneous choice; it was born out of empathy, compassion, and a steadfast commitment to safeguarding a newfound friend."

I understand that what I shared earlier wasn't the actual account of what happened. At that tender age, I felt embarrassed to disclose the exact events. My younger self believed that stitching a wound was a simple and widely known skill, especially for someone of my age at that time. Moreover, I was even scared to touch a bleeding wound.

In contrast, Jungkook, despite his fear of being observed, demonstrated a kind and compassionate nature. He skillfully stitched the wound to save a little one's life, showcasing a level of courage and care that I lacked in that moment. In hindsight, I felt like I missed an important lesson to learn of that age. The fear of being looked down upon by my mother prevented me from openly discussing my lack of knowledge about wound care.

"Did this actually happen?" Her suspicious tone echoed through the room as her sharp mind refused to accept the fabricated story I had conjured. My younger self, unable to make proper eye contact, faltered in front of her scrutinizing gaze. It was clear that my attempt to create a make-believe tale had failed, and she wasn't convinced by my story.

"Since you won't tell me what really happened, I'm not going to take the puppy to the pet clinic as I initially planned," she said with a disappointed sigh.

Understanding the importance of proper medical treatment for the injury, I finally gave in. "Mom, I'll spill the beans..." Despite feeling embarrassed, I proceeded to recount the actual events because, you know, I couldn't let my little furry friend down when it came to getting the right care.

Hearing my revelation, my mom responded, "Tae, that boy may seem cold on the outside, but he truly has a kind heart. Since he doesn't have any friends to talk to and express himself, he might not know how to share his feelings. Baby, why don't you make him your friend and teach him how to express himself? I can see he will become one good friend of yours."

My mother's words hit my child form hard, unraveling the puzzled thoughts I had kept hidden for so long. I was torn between choosing a single friend or having a group of friends. In response, she uttered three sentences that shattered all my confusions into small pieces, reducing them to ashes.

"Having a group of friends is fun, but having one trusted friend is entity."

"So choose wisely, my kid."

"Friends are the family you get to choose for yourself."

....

Author words,

Above three quotes convey valuable lessons about friendship:

1. "Having a group of friends is fun, but having one trusted friend is essential." - Emphasizes the importance of quality over quantity in friendships. It suggests that having a few close, reliable friends can be more meaningful than a large group.

2. "So choose wisely, my kid." - Encourages thoughtful consideration in selecting friends, implying that making discerning choices in friendships is crucial for a fulfilling and supportive social circle.

3. "Friends are the family you get to choose for yourself." - Highlights the profound connection and significance of chosen friendships, suggesting that true friends can become like family, offering love, support, and companionship.

"Build a circle of friends for fun, but remember, the essence lies in having that one trusted friend. Choose wisely, my kid, for friends are the family you get to choose for yourself."
..
Kindly need of support:!

No Love Desired [Taekook]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara