𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼𝑉

Depuis le début

Adam jumped around to try and get closer to the zipper on his back, which couldn't be less successful to be fair. Lorelei helped him unzip his suit, even though she'd wanted to see him try for a little longer. She did it more or less for Bree who at times seemed to not be able to stand her brothers.

Chase entered the room when it had emptied of nearly all the students. 'Adam, Bree, Leo, we have a visitor,' he said and paused to look at Adam taking off his sumo costume and Bob still searching for the place he was deflating from. 'I don't even want to know.'

Lorelei motioned for Adam and Leo to follow their siblings and nodded over to Bob. 'I'll help him out,' she said. She struggled to get Bob back onto his feet since he was still panicking over deflating.

'What if I vanish into nothing?' he asked her and shrieked a little at the thought of it.

'Bob,' Lorelei began and unzipped his suit. 'You're not deflating. Your suit was.'

'That's not what Adam said,' he argued.

Lorelei sighed and pretended to put stitches into his back. She worked quite hard on her pretend wound sealing and even put bandages to secure the invisible wound. 'There. You're all fixed now, no more deflating,' she said and pretended to rub the sweat off of her forehead.

Bob let out a long breath of relief and waved his hand in front of his face. 'That was a close one,' he said. 'Thank you, Lorelei.'

'Don't even mention it,' she reassured him.

She watched Bob skip out of the training area and glanced through the doorframe past him to a man and a dog. The man had spiked hair that reached up as high as the length of half his face and resembled Donald Davenport in many ways. It made sense of course, since Douglas was Donald's brother after all. He had a joyous embrace with Adam, Bree, Chase and Leo and introduced him to his dog named Otis.

Lorelei hadn't heard Douglas' voice in a long time. When her father and Douglas began working together, Lorelei had been put into isolation. Krane had told her it was for her own safety, as he had no idea what twisted things Douglas would do to her once he found out about her existence. She'd snuck through the vents and used secret passages throughout the house just to get a glimpse of the man who'd caused her to live in hiding even more than she already had to.

Compared to Krane, he'd always sounded so chipper. The two would often argue and it seemed like nothing could ever please Krane, no matter what Douglas did. In the silence of the unknown, Lorelei would watch them through the tiniest creaks of the house.

She didn't care for Douglas. He'd taken her time with her father away from her. She was stuck in the depths of their lair, waiting—longing even—for a mission. It didn't matter to her that she'd have to hurt others, she would get to smell the fresh air instead of the muskiness that usually stung her nose. She would see other people, speak to them.

However, most importantly, she would see her father. She'd watch the glimmer of hope and trust in his eyes as he told her all the information she needed to have. And each time she'd returned from her missions successfully, she'd gone to him. She'd held her breath as he took his time to react, but he never said the words she wanted to hear. Most of the time, he didn't say anything at all. He'd take what he thought belonged to him and nod in approval, before leaving her in the darkness again.

One day, she'd snuck into the air vents as she always would and noticed that it wasn't just Douglas and Krane anymore. Douglas had brought home a dog, even though Krane had disapproved of the decision.

It was another day many months later that Douglas never returned to the home, but she didn't know why and she wasn't told either. They'd parted ways and it was clear to Lorelei that they hadn't done so on the best of terms. Douglas had left Otis and it came as a surprise to Lorelei when Krane had decided to take the dog with them to their new home.