Father figure for his inner child 9

Kartik woke up in a familiar environment and smiled. He has again stayed at the Singhania's. He stretched his arms and turned around to sleep some more. Just then Kartik wondered how he has got this Lucky to get pampered by the Singhania's. Two years ago, Naira brought him to her house for the first time. After a few minutes of awkwardness, Kartik has got attached to everyone. He soaked in their affection like a man dieing of thirst. He got so excited that according to Naira, he was hoping around the house like a frog. Thus it earned him the nickname Mendak. Kartik laughed at the memory. After that it became a routine for him to visit the Singhania's or get dragged by Naitik after internship. Soon enough one of their guest room turned into Kartik's room.

Akshara: We are a modern family, but Naira and Kartik sharing a room before marriage is not acceptable.

Kartik became as red as a Tomato and Naira screamed Mumma yaar we won't!

Also Kartik got invited into their boy's weekend gaming marathon.

When Naksh let his new little brother Kartik win for his first time. Kartik nearly cried.

Life has finally shown him some mercy. Kartik feels cherished and loved. Now, even though Naira has gone to London for a student exchange program, Kartik did not feel an ounce of hesitation in visiting his new family. No scratch that. Singhania's are his only family now. After Skipping Rakshabandhan 2 years ago, Kartik has started to cut Goenkas from his life as a whole.

He does not need to be there with the ones, who was never there for him.

Kartik made sure to thank god daily for bringing the Singhania's into his life. Kartik questioned himself, whether is it normal to love your future father in law this much? Well all his life, he has yearned for Manish, so Kartik justified his clingyness to Naitik. Two years ago, Naitik cornered him one day and helped Kartik in freeing his heart.

Naitik: Kartik! Can I ask you something?

Kartik: Sure Sir!

Naitik: How many times do I have to repeat myself to drop the formalities? Huh?

Kartik: *clears throat* Yes Uncle.

Naitik: I thought you said you're going to marry Naira after you graduate?

Kartik: Yes I'll uncle!

Naitik: Then you can call me as Papa!

Kartik was taken aback. He was starring at Naitik with an open mouth.

Naitik: Close your mouth before a fly gets in.

Naitik laughed at Kartik's reaction and brought his hand to ruffle Kartik's hair.

Tears leaked from Kartik's eyes. So Kartik turned his face. Then Kartik spoke in low voice.

Kartik: Can you teach me how to shave properly?

Naitik was surprised. But said okay and waited patiently for Kartik to talk his heart out. But Kartik could not utter a single word. He hugged Naitik and cried his heart out. Kartik started to get breathing trouble.
Naitik rubbed his back to sooth him but it did not make Kartik to stop crying.

Naitik: Kartik! Calm down beta!

Naitik tried to release Kartik to look at his face, but Kartik would not budge. After what felt like an eternity, Kartik released Naitik and felt shy of the way he behaved. Kartik got ready to dash out of the room but Naitik caught him, before Kartik could even turn.

Naitik: I said that you could call me Papa. I have accepted my daughter in law Tara as my own daughter. You are my future son in law, but now same as my own son. Won't you tell your father what's in your heart.

Naitik's this emotional confession again triggered Kartik and he once again resumed his crying. But his new father Naitik has held him in a firm hold and waited hours and hours patiently for Kartik to open up finally.

At present Kartik felt tears prickling his eyes but he felt light as he has got himself a father figure for his inner child. Kartik finally got up from the bed and smiled at the many memories of Naitik being there for him as a father that Manish would never be.

Just as he was going to enter the washroom, Rana barged into the room.

Rana: Mamu! Mamu! Papa has asked you to come downstairs.

Though Kartik will be Phupha for little Rana in future, Tara has sticked to her word of adopting Kartik as her younger brother. So he addresses Kartik as Mamu.

Kartik quickly lifted little Rana.

Kartik: Let me guess, Naksh bhaiya is threatening to finish all the kachoris if I come late to breakfast.

Rana: No Mamu! But all are stressed by watching some news in the TV.

Kartik felt an inner voice screaming that Goenkas must have done something. But Kartik smiled at little Rana.

Kartik: No beta! They are definitely worrying about the weather forecast news. You go play in your room. We'll eat breakfast after I. Showered.

Little Rana bought Kartik's lie. Kartik left Rana at his room and went downstairs immediately. Dadaji, Dadi and Bhabhimaa were sitting in the furniture grimly. Akshara was in shock and Tara was holding her. Naksh was pacing the room. And Naitik was in a dull expression.

Kartik: Papa! What happened?

Has the Goenkas has finally done something to permanently ruin his happiness. Kartik's heart started beating rapidly.

Naitik: The Goenkas has made a public announcement that you would take over Goenka Empire after your convocation ceremony as their heir apparent and marry Ruchika Mehra, the heir of Mehra group of industries.

Kartik's eyes widened in shock.

Dear readers, thank you so much for voting my work💟. Next chapter would be the last one.