Father figure for his inner child 1

*Thank you for voting my story*

A 14 year old Kartik was walking alone on a deserted corridor. The walls he passes are illuminated by rich paintings more apt for a museum than an elite boarding school. At this point, he wishes that he was enrolled in a ordinary middle-class level boarding school. Maybe he could have made some true friends rather than future business associates (his current classmates). But if his wishes were to come true then his maa (Late Sowmiya Goenka) would return, which is impossible so are his wishes are unfulfilled.

His family calls him ungrateful and spoilt when he says he hates his stepmother (Suwarna Goenka). Why should he even love her? By hating his stepmother that hate also by extension destroyed what little was left of the relationship he had with his father (Manish Goenka) after his Mother's passing.

His grandmother (Suhasini Goenka/ Future Mimi🤣) claims to love him the most, then why he is living in a boarding school? His elder sister (Keerthi Goenka), ever so soft spoken did not even try to save him from being sent away. She ties him a Rakhi every year. Is it an one way protection? (Brother looking after his sister). And is there any restriction to not protect the other way?
He does not know the answer for this, he is/was/and always will a lost cause.

They said that he will be taken care of very well. They said the school has servants for doing laundry and all the cleaning. They said he just needs to focus on his studies. They said he could visit home anytime he wants. They said he can even leave the boarding school if he accepts his mistake. What even was his mistake? He, a literal child not accepting his stepmother. He vowed he would never accept her. That stubbornness was the main reason for his family to dump him in an Elite boarding school. They said he needs to change his mindset. Why should he? His father married that women so soon after his maa's suicide. They said his father married her to give him a mother. What a big cosmic joke, now he feels like he does not even have a father. A father who was really a very good man to send his son away from his home, turn his already uprooted life after his maa's death. His father considering his wellbeing has choosen this Elite boarding school where he was studying from 3rd standard. His mother died in the summer vacation following the 2nd standard. So not even a couple of months after her death his father remarried and dumped him here. His blood boils in rage but deep down he was very hurt. But his father and stepmother are good people for the society, where they fulfill all the needs of their rebel son. They said he should be grateful for being provided with all the good stuff money can buy. Why not, buy him a new father? Who would have taught him how to shave.

And yes everyone, a 14 year old Kartik was walking alone on a deserted corridor. He is on his way to the medical wing, to buy a bandaid for the nasty cut he sustained while shaving for the very first time.
Karthik reached the medical wing.

Staff: What happened boy? How you got such a cut?

KG: I got it while shaving.

Staff: Kids these days are so careless. I know your father would have taught you properly. But you didn't follow what he said.

KG:...... *sighs*

*Dear readers, if got anything to say drop your thoughts in the chat box 💟*