Father figure for his inner child 8

Naitik: Kartik, what are you doing till now in the office?

Kartik: I've not yet completed the pending work Sir. So I'm doing that now.

Naitik: Overworking yourself will not help you in any matter. So wrap up for today. Don't you have to prepare for Rakshabandhan tomorrow?

Naitik saw a change in Kartik's facial expression when he uttered the word Rakshabandhan.

Kartik: Okay sir, I'll leave.

Naitik: Kartik can I ask you a question? I need honest answer.

Kartik: Sure sir.

Naitik: Please don't get offended. But I feel that you are having some issues with your family. So tell me Kartik, did you actually apply for the intership with your family's rival on purpose?

Kartik: *huffed* So what if I did Sir?

Naitik: You may have some misunderstanding with your family and its completely normal.

Kartik: I have nothing to do with them.

Naitik: Don't talk like that. They care for you so much.

Kartik: No they don't Sir!

(Then both of them speak at the same time)

Naitik: They were worried sick for you that day at the hospital.

Kartik: Have you undergone my academic records?

Both of them blink at each other.

Kartik: You saw me at the hospital?

Naitik: What they didn't tell you?

Kartik: Tell me what?

Naitik: You ran into my car that day. And I was the one to bring you back to the hospital. Also yes, I've seen your Academic records.

Kartik: I remember running into someone's car. But I didn't know it was you. And you might have noticed that I was studying in boarding school from 3rd standard within a couple of months after my mother's passing. Do you know why I was in a boarding school, Sir? Because I refused to accept my step mother. I was a child and they cast me away. So kindly please don't ever talk about my family. I really don't want to do anything with them!

Kartik turns around to leave the room. But Naitik blocks his way.

Naitik: I'm sorry for interfering in your personal life. I've noticed you sulking when Naksh and I were having playing banter. We didn't mean to rub anything on you.

Kartik: *sighs* I know sir.

Naitik: Naksh was just trying to make you, his friend so you both could gang up against Naira.

Kartik: How do you know about Naira?

Naitik: She's my daughter. How do you know about her?

Kartik: She's my girlfriend.

Naitik: Your girlfriend?

*Flashback*
Our cute Sherni, Naira did ask Kartik out, two days after spying on him at the office. Kartik was mesmerized by her boldness. And yes they are dating for the past couple of months. Naira kept it a secret to escape her brother's teasing.

*Flashback ends*

Naitik: So do you plan on ditching my daughter in the future.

Kartik: What! No!!! For your information Mr. Singhania, I'm a "one women" Man!

Naitik: No you are not quite a man yet.

Kartik huffed like an angry kitten.

Kartik: What do mean by that! Also you are teasing your daughter's boyfriend who is also your personal intern, aren't like going to threaten me to leave her?

Naitik: I'm a modern parent. So I won't interfere in my daughter's lovelife. But you have said so yourself that you are a "one woman" boy.

Kartik: I'm a man

Naitik: No you are not

Kartik stomped his feet angrily on the ground. He huffed and puffed his chest and left from there. But deep down Kartik felt an unknown warmth filling his lower belly.

That was the start of his new journey with his future in laws. Well Kartik has promised to marry Naira, after he graduated.

Soon Kartik found himself being dragged to different teams in the Singhanias. Naira brought him home one weekend, Tara took one look at him and claimed him as her little brother. Misti chirped in as his bff. After Naitik told his family about the confrontation all the elders Bhabhimaa, Dadaji, Dadi, Akshara dotted on him. Kartik found himself being subject to Karishma's fashion sense. Naman tried to save him but his efforts went in vain 😅😅. But Kartik never complaint though.

Time flew quickly. And Kartik found himself in the final year of his degree. Kartik was living the best life ever with his new family. He was really very grateful for everything. Until one day,

*Cliffhanger*

Dear readers, I was quite feeling it, hence the double update ✌️❤️. Also thank you so much for the votes.