Father figure for his inner child 7

*Kartik's POV*
Kartik was jealous. He was so burning with envy that can flash like a shooting star. He feels that all the self care he's doing now will wash down the drain. Why you may ask? Well the root cause of his turmoil is the amazing relationship Naitik shares with his son. All his life, Kartik saw his classmates close relationship with their parents, that did hurt him. But nothing stabbed him in the heart like this. Kartik decided that if Naksh does not care this much. Kartik would have sulked in the background for a bit and would have eventually moved on. But no! Naksh had to take an extra step to include him in his free time fun. God please save me!

*Naksh's POV*
After teasing Naira to his heart's content, Naksh was hit with a realisation. His sister might have been embarrassed of getting caught, so she ran away now. But his sister is a very bold one. A Sherni.
So once she gathered herself, if she was really interested in Kartik, she might ask him out on a date. Naksh gulped at the taught. Naksh slowly turned to look at Kartik's workspace. Kartik does seem like a very decent guy. It does save Naksh from making an aggressive shovel talk. Naksh also remembered how Naira and his wife Tara ganged up against him. So Naksh smiled mischievously, he does have ample of time to get close to Kartik as a friend. Even if Naira did not proceed to date Kartik, friendship is friendship. So Naksh would be left with a good friend. And so Naksh tried to include Kartik in all the things he did apart from work. (Naksh did not know that he was indirectly flaunting his good relationship with his father and hurting Kartik.) When Naksh conveyed his master plan to his father.

Naitik: I should have realised sooner that you are still a 5 year old naughty child in the body of an adult.

Naksh gasped dramatically.
_________________________

Everything was going smoothly apart from Kartik's inner turmoil. One day, Naksh recieved a call from his wife to ask him to rush to the hospital. His son, Rana was down with the flu before a couple of days. Now he has got badly sick.

So Naksh, who was monitoring the current project with Kartik, requests him if he can postponed it to tomorrow. Kartik does agree, but when he gets to know the reason for this postponed.

Kartik: Sir, if you don't mind can I proceed without you? I mean, if the pent up work increases it'll affect the deadline. You can go to your son. I'll stay behind to...

Naksh: No Kartik, I can not overwork you to avoid the postponed. This Personal emergency is from my side, even if the work becomes a overload. It is my responsibility to ease the load.

Yet another reason for Kartik to be amazed by the Singhania's work ethics. But Kartik needs a solid excuse to avoid the Rakshabandhan celebration at his home this weekend. This year, Kartik really does not give a flying **ck about keerthi and Mansi, or anyone from his family. Kartik manages to make Naksh accept his proposal somehow with the promise that Kartik will leave on time and he'll not overwork. Well sorry Naksh, what you don't know will not hurt you! As Kartik was planning on crashing the direct time i.e., overwork. And his plan was doomed as soon as Naitik Singhania entered his working space.

*Naitik's POV*
Naitik was surprised to see Kartik in the office way past his intership time. Naitik has come to get the present, Naksh has sneaked in the office for Rakshabandhan. The Singhania siblings are going to celebrate the festival in hospital this year. But no one cares about the venue, if they could include their little munchkin Rana, who was ordered to stay in the hospital till his fever reduces. Naitik cherished fatherhood more than anything else. Naitik was also aware of Kartik sending longing eyes at Naitik's banter with his son. But Naitik never once tried to cross the professional boundary with Kartik and make him uncomfortable. But the father in Naitik vowed to be there for Kartik, if he ever needs to talk to someone. The Singhania Industries are well known to be supportive to their employees in their personal and professional life. Kartik might be the son of his rival but he's now under the wings of Singhanias.

Dear readers, thank you so much for voting my work. Also how you think Naitik's conversation with Kartik went? Any guesses?😉