"Dad I hear they're going to put on a play" Max said excitedly.

"Really?" Suddenly the lights started to dim down and there was a spotlight on the stage. A wale came on stage and all the kids started to scream out Willy.

"Hello boys and girls, and happy New Year. Today we are going to on a play for you guys is that ok?"

"Yes!" the kids screamed back.

"Awesome. Today's story is The Little Mermaid I really hope you enjoy it" and with that, he bowed and left the stage.

"Dad, can we get closer?" Max whispered. I got up and he took my hand leading me to the front of the stage where all the kids were seated on the floor. As the play started a beautiful woman came onto the stage. She didn't look like the typical mermaid with the red hair and the green tail. What most stood out was not only her gold tail but the fact that she is black. This shock the whole audience, but it didn't seem like they cared too much because she is so beautiful and her acting is amazing. I could not take my eyes off her the whole time.

When the play was coming to an end. I saw she was having a hard time moving on stage and her face looked like it was turning green. I was becoming worried about her. She is holding her stomach trying her best to keep acting, but I knew it wasn't working. I quickly got up from the floor and reach out my hands as I saw her making her way towards the edge of the stage. She fell off the stage and I caught her just in time. She looked at me as if she saw a ghost.

"God, I missed you" she whispered. I looked at her confused. Does she know me? I couldn't tell if I knew her or not because of her makeup.

"Um....are you ok?" I asked confused. It seems like she was out of every trance she was in and quickly started to move over.

"Let me go" she yelled trying to get out of arms. I tried my best to hold on to her because I did not want her to hurt her self. Once I was able to put her down safely that's when she threw up all over the floor. The kids that were sitting in front of the stage quickly backed up and ran away. The crowd started to boo and leave.

"And they lived happily ever after" I looked up to see a guy with the mic giving the girl a death glare. Once he left the stage, I looked back at her to see she stopped throwing up.

"You're fired!" I looked up to see the bald man in front of her with a reddened face. He shook his head and walked away.

"Kevin are you ok?" My parents and Max were right by my side.

"Yeah, I'm ok mother" I answered turning my attention back towards the girl. I saw her slowly hopping away.

"Hey wait," I said going after her. She slowly turned around "Are you ok? do you need to see a doctor--"No,no thank you but I'm good" she said shaking my head and walking away at the same time.

"Are you sure? at least let us give you a ride" I said before she could leave.

"Thanks but no thanks," she said still walking away. Geez, can a guy help a girl out and be nice. When she left, I turn back towards my family.

"Come lets go son. she said she's fine" My mother said.

"No I want to make sure she gets home safe. Max go with grandma and grandpa I'll be home to tuck you in" I bent down and gave him a kiss on top of his head.

"Kev--"

"Let him be honey he's a grown man" my father said taking Max's hand "Happy New Year son, I'm proud of you" he patted me on the back and left. My mother came and give me a kiss on the cheek "Please take care of yourself" she said with a smile.