NSIV Pro - Part 2

Khushi had returned to the Raizada mansion after Arnav's desperate tactics which were arguably sane, but she had no plan to give into his any more demands after Shyam was put behind bars. That was the only reason she had come back. Arnav's promise that he will help her send her family's culprit to the rightful place, behind bars! As for her and Arnav's marriage, it was always based on conditions, first for saving her jiji's marriage, then to save her buaji's house but finally this time for her dignity! And that was why she had decided to come back with Arnav. Because twisted as he was, she had understood by now that he did have some interest in being with her, what exactly was that she would wait to hear from him. But for now, she had a mission. To find Shyam manohar jha.

With these thoughts on her mind, she was passing by the guest room which was currently given to that new mehmaan(guest) in their house, shital, when she saw her and Dadi, both having some conversation. She wouldn't stop eavesdropping on it but when she overheard her name being taken, she paused.

"That Khushi was being so extra over-smart! How dare she call me Arnav's sister?" Shital said, tugging at her hair in frustration. Khushi held back her smile. She had to agree, that one must have stung this "Arnavji ki close friend" in shital's own words. Khushi hadn't liked the way this woman was eyeing Arnav, contract or real, Arnav was her husband! She was just guarding her husband from potential harassers!

Khushi moved an inch nearer to the door, hiding behind the frame, trying to focus on their conversation.

Dadi tried to pacify Shital, "Ignore her comments, beta. And just remember why exactly you are here."

"But Dadi, neither you nor Shyam had mentioned that this girl would be such a pain in the neck!"

Khushi's eyes widened in shock. Shital had said Shyam, didn't she? What did that mean? Shyam had sent shital and dadi- but why would Arnav ji's dadi shake hands with a criminal like shyam? After all, she was Anjali's dadi too so why would she help shyam in any way?

Dadi had then decided to leave from there and khushi hid perfectly behind the door, owing to her lean frame.

As soon as Dadi left from there, Khushi decided to confront Shital.

"Shital ji, everything ok for you here? Koi problem toh nahi hai na (You don't have a problem right)?" Khushi asked, walking directly into the guest room. If shital was surprised, she hid it well.

'You are my problem' shital whispered which to her credit, Khushi didn't hear. So, faking a smile, shook her head in denial.

Khushi smiled pleasantly like the perfect hostess and went to sit on the bed like she owned it. Well, she did. Folding one leg on the other, she asked the next question, "You said you are new in Delhi, right? So, do you know anyone? I mean apart from Dadi ji, of course."

"Arnav." Shital instantly said, and added with a smirk, "He is my closest friend."

Khushi's smile dropped for a second but then she controlled her anger. Asking the main thing was more important. "What about Shyam?"

"Shyam? He is not-" shital almost said and then bit her tongue. She was about to divulge everything! What was she doing?

"He is what?" Khushi asked, patiently.

"Nothing. Actually, I am too tired. So, if you could leave." Shital said, hitting a hammer on her own foot. Because if she thought khushi was just good at words, she hadn't seen her in action. Yet.

Khushi casually picked shital's handbag lying on the bed and said, "I hope you remember I am Khushi Singh Raizada, and this is Raizada mansion. The owners don't leave the house shital, the guests do. Especially the ones that we don't want around." Khushi calmly dropped the bomb.