19. Homecoming

A/N - its a very long chapter. Also pls listen to the song I added above, one of the legends' stuff!

--*--

Nani was very happy to see Anjali doing aarti for Arnav and welcoming him back after spending 2 days in jail. Those were the most difficult 2 days for them, so many things happened in those 2 days. Starting from walking in on Arnav-Khushi in a heated argument, to him being arrested on the charges of domestic violence, to Khushi confessing she was doing this to punish him for his and his father's mistakes and finally Shyam also confessing he had revenge on his mind too.

Both her grandchildren lost their life partners within a day and how!

But at least one good thing was Arnav was released on bail and the charges were taken back. Nani had a strong feeling it was Aman who was behind this but her old heart hoped Khushi would soon realize her mistakes too and come back home. Her old eyes had never failed to tell her that Khushi was not a bad girl, she was only misunderstood, she was misled. And once she realized her mistakes, she would want to come back. Her only doubt was would her grandson be willing to forgive her that day?

--*--

"Nani? So rahe ho (are you taking rest)?" Arnav asked later that evening as he made his way to nani's room.

Devyani Raizada braced herself for an important conversation with her grandson. She always knew Arnav was a short-tempered man, but he was also very emotional and sensitive person who would take right decision for people that mattered to him.

So she listened as Arnav told everything he was thinking in last 2 days, when he was in jail. He told her about how he himself regretted his outbursts, he also told her how he had felt angry and cheated when he had come to know of Khushi's motives to marry him on the evening he got arrested but next day Aman had told him everything and finally he told his nani how it was because of Khushi that the charges against him were taken back and his key sponsor, Mr. Mittal was back to funding them again. 

So, when Arnav told nani what he had planned for their future, Devyani Singh Raizada was once again proud of him!

--*--

Khushi rang the doorbell of Raizada mansion with shaking hand. She was so ashamed to face these people now that she knew the entire truth. How was she going to start explaining why she did what she did? Will they understand? She had wronged them for sure. And what about Arnav? She didn't even know where their relationship was at this point. If he wanted anything to do with her to begin with. After what she did, she wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to see her again!

She wished for another chance though. Afterall if he was the man she had always hated, he was also the man she had allowed to be so close to her, to play with her heart and mind and for him now she was ready to face anything that came her way. Everyone had been saying this to her and it was time she also accepted the truth, that Arnav always did and would always mean a lot to her! She was in love with him, probably for a long time, probably always!

Hari Prakash was surprised to Khushi at the door.

"Who is it HP?" Arnav called from the hall.

"Woh....eh..."HP didn't know what to say. He had seen what had transpired in this house in last 2 days. Was Arnav bhaiyya's wife allowed back in home?

But then Arnav himself came at the door.

"Tum?" Arnav asked with a blank face, looking at a very nervous Khushi fiddling with her dupatta.

"Arnavji. Can I please talk to you for a few minutes? I swear I will go away after that; I just want to say what I want to say and tell you why I did what I did and apologize to you all. Please, just few minutes?" she asked, almost begged. She had to do this.