S3 - chapter 10

Giving CSD's update slot to NSIV today because of demands. Enjoy :)

--*--

After returning from the charity dinner, Khushi straight away went to Nani's room to talk about something and was in a happy mood when she returned to her room. She wasn't too surprised to see room's lights were off and it was pitch dark inside. Arnavji in his 'grumpy mood', of course, she guessed. She was really tired of their fights now, something that began with her inviting shital home, then him making her insecure with camaraderie with shital, then Anjali and mamiji pampering shital and her son- who was eerily similar to Arnav in mannerisms by the way, and then the DNA test fiasco. After that, it just went downhill with Arnav deliberately trying to make her feel insecure about his and shital's past. Of course, she had been answering him point by point, eye for an eye, but how much longer? And to add to that, her recent doubts about shital's real intentions made her more worried.

Lost in those thoughts, she reached their bedroom and just as she moved to switch on the lights, she heard sneezing!

"achoo, achoo, achoo" it was Arnav, sneezing non-stop!

"Arnavji, are you ok? Ye sardi kaise hui (how did you catch cold)?" she asked automatically.

Arnav opened his mouth to say something about how it was because she made him sleep at poolside but decided against it, he didn't need to be more bitter! So, he just said "It was cold outside last night." and took another paper napkin to wipe his running nose

Khushi sighed and turned to the cupboard to look for medicines.

He was looking at her for one look of comfort, one assurance that everything was well between them. At that moment he was feeling like a man drowning in deep ocean and his only support being her love. Ever since he got to know about Prem being a real danger to his place in Khushi's life, her heart, he saw terror! He could lose anything, can give up any damm thing-even his ego but not her! And if she tells him, she was done with him- NO! He can't take that.

"Take this medicine and sleep here now." She said and picked her pillow.

"Wait, where are YOU going?" the thought that she was stepping away was making him anxious

"I am sleeping in Naniji's room, I don't want to catch the virus." she said, even though it was a white lie. But she had to be tough, one soft corner from her side and he would never mend his ways.

Arnav felt a sharp stab in his heart. Has she given up on him? He didn't know how to bring her back. How to stop her from going away from him, from choosing Prem. He shook his head to dismiss those thoughts, and his fear gave him some push to ask her what was going on in his mind for long. To come clean about his mistakes...in some way,

"Wait, is it because of Prem? Is it because I was mean to you on basketball court that day? Or because I danced with shital that day? Are you taking revenge from me Khushi? I am really so-" he asked, not even looking at her. And she saw a defeated Arnav Singh Raizada who had surrendered all his weapons in front of her. It was time to tell him it was not all about him!!! Yes, he had hurt her, he had no right to play with her emotions least involving his ex, but what he was trying to insinuate about Prem and her wasn't right either...

"Arnavji, why do you think my life revolves around you? I have my dreams, my life too which has things not related to you. Aapko jealous karne ke alawa bhi hamare pass bohot kaam hain (I have many things to do beyond making you jealous)." She said picking her bag with her toiletries that she will need for her nightly routine.