Return of The Overlord

As they walked along the shore of the island, the Ninja came across Dr. Julien. "What was that sound?" He asked. "The horns?"

The ninja looked shared a look as Wu spoke. "The Celestial Clock has reached zero. Garmadon's ultimate weapon is now operational and the Final Battle between good and evil has all but begun."

"Now Lloyd must face his father." Misako said sadly.

"But where's Nya?" The doctor asked.

"She's been taken by the Overlord, but we'll get her back. At the moment, there are bigger things at stake including all of Ninjago itself." Wu spoke with confidence but Jay scoffed.

"Who cares about Ninjago?" The Blue Ninja said. "Nya was my–uh, my...you know."

Kai rested his hand on Jay's shoulder. "And she's my sister. I know her being captured is tough, but she's tougher. Tougher than most of us. We'll see her again."

Jay sighed and Wu turned to his nephew. "Lloyd, your focus gives strength to invoking the power of the Golden Dragon. You cannot lose faith now. Everything rests on your shoulders."

From the way Lloyd was standing, he might as well have had the physical fate of Ninjago on his shoulders. "But Sensei, you saw what happened when I tried to face my father. I-I froze. I can't fight him."

"You must. It is written in the scrolls." Wu reminded him.

Misako moved toward him. "Remember, your father is just as scared."

Charlie moved to Lloyd's side, gently squeezing his hand. "Father doesn't want to fight you, Lloyd. I don't want you to fight either, but destiny hasn't given us much of a choice."

"Then the battle will be decided by who is willing to fight." Wu said.

Kai came over to Lloyd. "You won't be alone. I'll be right behind you." He held up his sword. "You have my Fire."

Cole smiled and mimicked Kai. "You have my Earth."

Zane joined. "And my Ice."

Jay gripped his sword. "And Lightning."

Charlie nodded to her brother. "And my ." (Sorry, I couldn't resist 😂).

"We're all in this together, kid." Cole said resting a hand on Charlie and Lloyd's shoulders.

Lloyd looked at his team. His brothers and sister, then at his mother and uncle. As long as he had them, the Green Ninja felt as if nothing could stop him. "What are we waiting for? Let's suit up."

~~~~~

They ninja ran to Garmadon's camp, prepared for battle. Charlie knew that the time had come, and she needed to be ready. She focused on her team. Kai's courage, Jay's positivity, Zane's serenity, Cole's stability, and Lloyd's leadership. She drew on their strength to calm herself.

They had arrived. "Get down, now." Lloyd ordered. They stopped not far from the camp. It was eerily quiet.

"They won't know what hit them." Kai said.

"Time to chop wood." Said Jay. They ran to the gates and broke them down. "Ninja, go!"

The camp was empty. Not a Stone Warrior in sight. Jay flipped down his hood. "Uh, where the heck is everybody?"

Cole grunted. "Ugh, and here I was all ready to release the thunder."

"The ultimate weapon is gone." Kai said walking around the deserted camp. "We're too late. Nya? Nya!"