A small sigh left my parted lips as I stepped into the house; and was immediately welcomed by the heavy scent of bakhoor. See this, this is the reason why I love coming here most times. The smell of home is unlike any other.

However, I would be lying if I said I didn't come around now knowing my parents aren't home. They are out to meet some old friends of theirs or something, so I'm free from their rants too. Or more like, I'm free from my father's questions about how and when I signed contract with Hadi Groups, and my mother's inquiries of Basma's whereabouts.

Taking the stairs, the only sounds that reached my ears were the soft padding of my shoe against the tiled floor. Almost subconsciously, I made my way to my room here. On reaching there, I kept my phone, along with my wrist watch on the bed before getting rid of the suit too. I had already rid my feet off my shoes, and was left in the socks I had on.

I then proceeded to rid myself of the clothes I desperately want to be out of before making my way to the en-suite. Everything blurred out the minute the water from the shower came crashing over me; the warm water caressing my skin and soothing my sire muscles off the day's exhaustion.

As it dripped down my face, I reached my hand to push it away—memories flashing back into my mind at a rapid rate. Memories that I had tried to put a lid on throughout the day. It's been like that since I stepped foot in Maroudi for the first time in ten years.

So far, I've been able to control my thoughts and not let it dwell on it. However, after everything that happened today, I couldn't do so.

I know it has all truly started, and I need to prepare myself for what's to come.

It's easier said than done though.

And just like that, I ended up staying much longer than necessary under the warm water of the shower. To me though, it was like time stilled and I was catching up with the demons of my past; only this time, I was determined to win.

I refuse to be a loser again.

~*~

"AbdulRahma Hadi called."

I stopped what I was doing, and looked up for my gaze to fall on Saif. Quirking a slight brow, my gaze watched his expression to gauge whether he's serious or not. However, I know he wouldn't joke about something like that.

So, I nodded and turned my attention back to my food—wanting to focus on finishing my meal first. "That took shorter time than I expected." I muttered, taking a spoonful and bringing it to my mouth.

I wasn't staring at his face, but I'm certain Saif is pulling up one of his famous 'are-you-serious' looks. "Are you kidding me? It took him three days to do so."

"Thought it would take longer." I truly thought it would take him longer to cave in. I guess three days of stir was all it took.

The thought had me sighing. He's making this less fun than I wanted. It should've been longer so I can be sure he truly takes himself as a powerful and influential man.

Saif was silent for a few seconds, no doubt still taken aback by my words and reaction. I wonder why he's shocked though, he's known me for years—he's supposed to be used to my actions by now.

When he had overcame his shock, I saw how he shook his head from the corner of my eyes.

"Anyways," He continued, sounding more composed. "He wants to meet you today."

"Push it to tomorrow."

"What? You know we need to handle this quick. We've always let it drag on for three days." And that's Saif simple way of saying we shouldn't leave someone as the great as the AbdulRahman Hadi waiting for us. No one would dare do that to him.