Vol. 8 Chp. 4: Bath Time

Start from the beginning

Kouenji didn't return until breakfast and didn't even try to make the excuse that he was stuck in the toilet due to a stomach ache. As a result, the relationship between Ishizaki and Kouenji has completely deteriorated.

Kagurazaka's POV

"I hate this exam..." Ryuuen muttered slightly loud as he leaned back in his chair, placing his legs on the table.

We finished our cleaning and doing Zazen as we were having breakfast.

I pretty much became Ryuuen's babysitter...

A confident man approached our table as Ryuuen didn't correct his posture. Fujimaki from Class A of the 3rd year, "You should fix that attitude of yours."

"Kukuku. I think I'm fine with how I am," Ryuuen smirked.

Fujimaki sighed, "Anyways, Kagurazaka... I saw your skills during the sports festival, and I was amazed. But I heard that you gained Nagumo's attention... Be careful around him."

'I know.'

He nodded before walking away.

"Kukuku. Gaining the new student council president's attention, huh?" Ryuuen said.

I sighed and nodded.

~Timeskip~

During dinner, I decided to approach someone. Himeno was sitting alone at the table while she was eating her food. I sat beside her, and she looked at me, "Oh, it's you..."

'You sound disappointed.'

"I'm tired."

'Not sleeping well, huh?'

She glared at me tiredly, "What do you think?"

I shrugged, causing her to roll her eyes, "Anyways, how do you feel about this exam?"

'Tedious.'

"It makes me want to die."

That sounds like the response that she would give me.

"I wasn't expecting someone like you to be in a group with Ryuuen-kun," Himeno said.

'Are you worried about me?'

"Not in the slightest."

My emotions...

"Hey, do you know why he stepped down from being the leader?"

'I didn't know you like to gossip.'

"I don't," she deadpanned, "It's all I hear about."

'Maybe he's trying to correct himself and become mature,' I joked.

Ryuuen is still the same, but he wants to be alone. That's what he said, but I think he's trying to annoy me on purpose since I would be part of his group.

"Yeah, I'm having a hard time believing that."

'Since we are gossiping, what's happening with Class A?'

"I have no clue," Himeno said, shrugging.

A skeptical expression appeared on her face, "There's something that I did find strange, though. Class A something about Ichinose-san not being trustworthy or something along the line."

"It's my turn for information," Himeno said, "Why did the current student council president challenge the former?"

'Why do you think I would know something about it?'

"Because you were there," she answered, "Besides, you're a smart guy, so you must have a theory."

'I think the challenge is a cover-up for a bigger storm brewing.'