Chapter 19 ~ recuperating ~

Will took Tanner back to his apartment two days later and was fussing over him like a mother hen. He had visited Tanner's apartment while he was still in hospital and Will had collected the majority of his clothes although Tanner didn't think he would need that many.

When Tanner walked into Will's bedroom and saw all his things there it was almost as if Will was making sure he had no excuse to go back to his place any time soon. 

Will had been a changed man since the day of Tanner's injury, he'd gone along with Suki to give their statements to the police and of course there was the evidence that had been accumulated from the DSI.

It was during one of these visits that Suki and Will had met the man responsible for identifying his stalker and discovering that it was the same person who had been harassing her. DSI Forensics Officer, Stu Chakiriwat.

They both insisted on taking him out to dinner to thank him and Will was surprised to see Suki suddenly taking a great interest in forensics work after Stu had told her she was studying all the right subjects which could assist her if she wanted to work in forensics.

Will couldn't help teasing her in his usual tormenting manner that she had been watching too much Bones but deep down he was proud of her. 

After dinner they had said goodbye to Stu and Will had taken Suki back to his apartment and asked her to tidy the place up a little so that it would be ready for bringing Tanner home, he had gone back to be with Tanner and the first thing Suki had done was throw open the curtains even though it was night time.

When Will couldn't stay with Tanner, Chit had been there and Will had met Chit's fiancé Paitoon who was every bit as handsome as Tanner had kept saying and even though he was an international supermodel he was so down to earth.

Will couldn't help feeling excluded when the three of them got together as they reminisced about their time in the military, the good times and the bad and Paitoon couldn't help rehashing the time when Chit had punished him because he wouldn't cut his hair.

"I was just doing my job baby" Chit had replied pouting and Will couldn't believe it.

Jack and Shana had visited Tanner in hospital and duly reprimanded him for not telling them that he was protecting Will but they knew he wasn't allowed.

"so, you guys have been living together then?" Jack said looking at Tanner as he laid in bed.

"I wouldn't exactly call it living together Jack" Tanner replied.

"I seem to remember you saying what an asshole he was and telling me to stop delivering to him" Jack laughed.

"you said that?" Will had looked at Tanner in shock before sulking.