Chapter 4 ~ first day ~

The meeting was chaotic to say the least, Tanner made everyone leave the room while he cleared it for listening devices and cameras then as everyone filed back in he checked them to see if they were carrying.

Will hadn't realised that having security was going to be so invasive but he could see that Tanner was doing everything in his power to make sure he was safe even if he appeared to be acting a little excessive.

Afterwards they both went up to the top floor where Will's office was situated and Tanner swept his office before giving Will the all clear to enter. The walls of the office were a tempered glass and Will watched as Tanner had a desk moved directly outside and opposite his secretary.

He watched as Tanner had a few words with the secretary and he saw her blushing, what the hell was Tanner saying to make her blush like that? Will didn't know what it was, he just knew he didn't like it. He saw him pick up the phone line he'd set up and call someone and within the hour a staff member delivered a stack full of files to his desk.

Will assumed he'd called personnel for the files they had discussed earlier on, it seemed he was the kind of man who got things done. He was a no nonsense kind of guy who didn't suffer fools gladly and he didn't seem to play around much which led Will to believe he didn't trust people.

Will watched as Tanner read through the files then realising that he wasn't getting any work done himself, he knuckled down to read his emails and reply to a few before making some phone call's.

At some point during the morning, Tanner had slipped off his jacket and rolled up his shirt sleeves and he had put on a pair of glasses with a slim silver frame. His forehead rested on the extended fingers of his left hand as he scoured the files and Will thought that the black shoulder holster he wore made him look dangerous and sexy at the same time.

Quite a few of the office staff, especially the girls had bought him drinks and flirted with him and Tanner had politely accepted the drinks but Will noticed he never touched them. The guy might be short but he sure was ripped and Will had to drag his gaze away once more.

Just before lunch, his secretary knocked before entering because she had a few letters that she needed him to sign so he asked her to sit while he checked them over.

"how are you getting on with Mr Takiriphan?" he decided to do a little digging.

"very well sir, he's quiet but well mannered" she replied

"well mannered?" Will couldn't help but laugh, she obviously hadn't heard him cursing up a storm.

"may I ask a question sir?" the secretary asked.

"sure"

"why do you suddenly need security?"

"a friend suggested I should because of my social status but he's a bit extra isn't he" Will laughed not wanting to disclose the real reason why Tanner was there. 

"oh, ok"

"why, is he making you feel uncomfortable?" Will asked.

"no sir, I was a little bit scared when I saw he was armed but he told me it was just routine and asked me if I wanted him to put his jacket back on, he's really sweet" she replied smiling.

"right, ok then" Will replied not liking how the conversation was going.

"I apologize sir, I shouldn't have said anything"

"nonsense, I asked you after all, ok all done, you may leave for lunch" Will said as his secretary stood up to leave.

Taking the signed copies from him she left his office and just as the door was closing he heard her talking to Tanner.