Chapter 10 ~ multifaceted ~

The next few days had passed uneventfully with Will going into the office daily and Tanner accompanying him as usual. 

Tanner had checked out all the interns and hadn't really found anything suspicious so he was at a loss as to where to look next. He decided to keep to his original plan of investigating Will's business acquaintances just in case he was wrong about it being a younger person.

In the meantime they fell into a comfortable routine where Tanner would sleep over at Will's apartment and cook for them most nights while insisting that Will watch while he instructed him on the basics.

It was Saturday morning and Tanner was making use of Will's gym while Will was working in his home office. He had been tempted to join Tanner but he had important paperwork that needed his attention.

After an hour, he leaned back in his chair and rubbed the back of his neck, he was meeting his old school friend tonight and they were having dinner. Tanner had said that he would sit at a different table but he had told him not to be silly, they could all sit together and he would just introduce him as a friend.

Standing up he went into the kitchen to make coffee and just as he was crossing the lounge, Tanner was walking out of the gym and towards the spare bedroom. He wore shorts and a grey cotton vest which stuck to his damp body drawing Will's attention to his pecs and abs.

He felt his lower body stir in response but ignored it instead asking Tanner if he wanted a coffee?

"yes, thank you Will, that would be great" he replied.

"are you going to wash up?" Will asked.

"mmm, I won't be long, thank you for allowing me to use your gym, you're lucky to have your own work out space" Tanner said.

"where do you normally work out?" Will asked.

"there's a staff gym in the basement of KJ offices but it's mostly just the security guys who use it" Tanner replied.

"well you're welcome to use mine whenever you like, don't bother asking"

"thank you Will"

"no problem baby" he replied.

"Will ..." Tanner said.

"what" he said shrugging.

"you know what" 

"baby you're in denial, you know we're perfect for each other, when are you going to admit it and stop fighting the attraction" Will asked.

"I keep telling you that I don't date ..."

The sound of the apartment door opening stopped Tanner in his tracks.

"bro' are you home?" a feminine voice called out.

"yeah, in here Suki" Will replied.

Will's sister walked into the lounge smiling at her brother before noticing that he had company.

"hey cutie, what're you doing here?" she asked eyeing his state of undress before continuing,

"are you guys dating?" she asked looking from one to the other.

"no" Tanner said

"he's a friend Suki, he's been sleeping over while they do work on his condo'" Will lied.

"well you guys will have to bunk together for the weekend, I need my room" she said.

"now wait just a minute, when did it become your room?"

"ahhh don't say that, you're my most favourite brother in the whole world, who would I stay with if not you?" Suki said.

"I'm your only brother so stop kissing my ass"