Chapter Six- Charlotte

After answering all of the questions that gave me little to no interest to respond to, I was put into a class with about twenty girls inside. All looking rather sturdy.

I had been familiar with the some of the girls faces but never actually met most of them. For example: Megan Finniky (lethal when given a gun), Ruterria Vlaskibinova (lethal when given any sharp object) and Ganni Woodham (lethal when given no restraint).

But then there was Vaughn- someone that made me become highly aggressive every time I saw her. Sometimes I didn't look at her to prevent me from getting angry, that was just my level of despise for her.

The classroom was very large and dark filled with a cold breeze. There were no windows present, just fluorescent lights that were blinding to glance at and some bland tiling that hurt if you fell on it- I knew that from personal experience. Every mechanism in Valhalla was purposefully done for our personal torture and suffering. It was masterful planning on the founders of Valhalla's part.

Our Master was dark skinned with facial features sharp and cutting. Eyes piercing, body language violent- could probably break a Class C rankers arm with no trouble.

As soon as we trudged into the doorway she crossed her arms and began to talk even while people were still entering, "Class, I am Master Jae," her voice was deep and demanding, "It is understood that you women want to be Assassins, which is a great deed to Valhalla. Assassins are our foundation here, they keep our system unbreakable... Although it's a pity there are so little of you, we can still work with this group," She remarked.

We can still work with this group.

The words rang in my ears like a fire alarm. We weren't amateurs trying out for a part in a school play, we were training assassins. We could hold up our own weight- well I could, at least.

"The room we are standing in is our classroom used for building your survival skills and other necessary things if you want to make it out of this program alive. We will be doing mostly hands on activities. Today we will be training in a different room, a bigger area for our first activity," She said starting to walk towards an exit door leading to the hallway. We all followed.

A girl named Rosy smirked, "what are we doing?"

Master stopped, making the class stop behind her and yelled in an instance, "don't question it."

"But I want to know," she persisted with urgency.

Master shook her head and laughed at herself before screaming, "don't forget curiosity can kill the lions too!"

No one spoke.

We continued our walk past a door and through a hallway, lit by more fluorescent lights. A lengthy and bland walk. Soon we were lead into a large room with an obstacle course laying right in the middle of it- very long and tedious, with piercing objects lying on the inside of it.

Awaiting each of us.

She stopped at what seemed to be the entrance of the course, "this is what you girls will be doing today. It was given the name 'Sheol' by one of your ancestors named of Drehal."

Master Jae smiled a little but then went back to her serious expression, "we are doing this to see who're highest ranking in the class. We will score you on time, accuracy, and skill. So now, we are just going to go straight into it. You," She said, now pointing at Vaughn who was talking, "Come here."

Vaughn came up with slight hesitation in her step, "get going." Master said as she tapped the button on the stopwatch making the numbers increase, summoning her to get started.