𝒙𝒊. Viva las vegas

Start from the beginning

For a second Aphrodite looks at her with amusement as she gapes at her like a fish. She blinks for a moment, momentarily breaking herself out of her haze. "You— You're Aphrodite?" She mutters in confusion. She hates the feeling of her cheeks heating up again as the woman giggles. "I am!" She smiles widely and she can't help but realize that the woman has the same smile as Percy. She chokes on her spit once she has that thought.

The woman's grey eyes are warm, the colour reminds her of Annabeth. But the warmness in the woman's eyes reminds her of her mother. She frowns slightly at the thought. Aphrodite smiles again, all perfect chubby cheeks and blinding white teeth. She didn't expect the goddess of love to look like this, a little too familiar for her liking. Her best guess was that she took on the appearance of people she loved, like her friends for example and her mother. Or Aphrodite just really looks like Margot Robbie.

Aphrodite clears her throat, and suddenly Eurydice realizes how pink the van they're in really is. It's the pinkest van she's ever seen, full of feather boas and multiple outfit changes all in all different shades of pink. It reminded her a bit of how a real life version of Barbie's dreamhouse would look. But instead it was cramped into a much smaller space. It was a little too weird how lately gods had been ignoring her up until now.

She grimaced as she stared at the blonde woman. "You seriously had demigods do your dirty work so you didn't have to get caught by your husband?" She glared at goddess accusatorially. Aphrodite just laughed in response. "Of course he already knows." She waved her hand at the demigod dismissively. "Wasn't it worth it?" She asked her wink a smirk. Eurydice blinked in confusion, completely lost. "No? What are you talking about?" Her eyebrow raised in concern.

Aphrodite giggled. "Oh, honey." She ran her fingers through her hair slightly, and patted the top of her head patronizingly. "You don't know don't you?" She felt her blood run cold for some unknown reason. "What?" She muttered in confusion, again. The goddess smiled sadly now. "I sense that your love life is going to the saddest one I've seen in a long time. Ever since the original Eurydice." The demigod blinked in confusion.

Nearly choking on her spit she yelled out. "What?" Aphrodite continued, ignoring her obvious confusion. "You already love them too much. Isn't that sad? To love someone so much but to not get that love back?" She felt her insides twist painfully at that. "I don't think that's true." She shook her head at her in confusion. The goddess sighed softly. "You're so little now. But one day, you'll understand." Somehow Eurydice didn't believe that she'd ever understand.

The blonde smiled again, her white teeth blinding her again. "But I believe in you. You won't end up like the original Eurydice. I won't let you. You're much more of an Orpheus anyways." She chuckled. Her confusion was somehow even more heightened. Now the goddess's claim is just ridiculous! "I don't understand anything that you're saying but why are you here?" The goddess sighed. "Your father wanted me to send you a message." The goddess scoffed slightly. "He couldn't be bothered to do it himself."

Eurydice immediately deflated at that. He didn't want to talk to her? The love goddess pouted. "Ohh! You poor thing." She pinched her cheeks slightly. "Ow, ow, ow!" She complained, grimacing at the prodding nails on her face. The goddess let go of her with a gentle laugh. "That isn't entirely true though. Zeus practically banned him from contacting you in any way. Even in your dreams." Her voice had taken on a more serious tone now. She wasn't even aware that the goddess of love could sound this serious.

She frowned slightly as the goddess patted her head again. Aphrodite felt like one of those weird aunts you only see at family gatherings who kisses your cheeks with an obscene amount of lipstick on. The goddess grimaced slightly. "Your love life is going to be... hard. I'm sorry. But, you're not going to remember any of this after you wake up." She said this like it was nothing.