Chapter 8

Bella's POV:

I tighten my jacket on myself and glance down at the little pieces of the wreckage. You would think the school would've cleaned everything up by now.

I glance to my truck where the dent is. The way Ronnie stopped the van with her hand was humanly not possible. The van literally bounced back from her hand. And the way she got to me so fast was unbelievable.

My gaze switched towards the girl in question. She's messing around with her brother Jasper who pushes her head away gently.

It's like she knew I was staring because she looked up and our eyes connected. Involuntarily a smile works it's way on my lips and she gives me her smile that seems to be only for me.

    Ronnie tells her siblings something before walking over. The sight of her gets cut off by Mike going in front me with a smile.

  "Look at you, huh? You're alive," he says in a playful voice at the end making me chuckle slightly.

  "I know, yeah. False alarm, I guess," I respond with a small nod and look around him finding Ronnie coming closer.

   "Now, I wanted to ask you, you know, if, you know, it's like a month away, but-," my attention goes back to Mike who spoke up.

   Whatever he was gonna say gets cut off by Ronnie who gives me a smile before glancing at Mike. "Hello, Bella. How are you?" She softly says then asked as she looked me over.

I blush slightly, "I'm doing fine. What about you? How's your stomach?" My hand moves slightly towards her's but stopped when I think it over.

   She glances down quickly and slid her hand in mine. "Better. I'm not missing our date today again," she reassured me lifting our hands to plant a small kiss on the back of mine.

"Neither am I," I reply with a shy smile and she grins down at me. A loud clear of a throat caught our attention. Oops forgot about Mike.

   "Sorry, Mike. What were you gonna say?" I tell him with an embarrassed blush at forgetting he was here. I can't help it. Whenever Ronnie's around it's like she's the only one in the room or parking lot.

   He glances at Ronnie then to our hands and back to me again. "Uh you know what never mind. I lost it. But it was nice to see you're doing better, Arizona," he says a bit awkwardly and walked away towards the bus.

Ronnie chuckles softly and turns to me. "He's a bit awkward, isn't he?" She asks softly and tilts her head a bit making me swat her stomach gently.

"Leave him be. It's because of you. He's not used to interacting with you," I tell her and she set her hand on her chest with a cheesy smile.

"Why little ole me? I've never did anything to him. How are you really though, Bella? No headaches or pain?" She playfully says and brought her hand away from her chest to gently cup my face.

The blush I had before came back ten times worse. "No, nothing. No pain no headaches. You pushed me out of the way remember? Are you ever gonna tell me about that?" I answer truthfully then ask making her give me a small smile and pull her hand away.

   No that's not what I wanted her to do. I should've just kept my mouth shut. "You're very curious and get straight to the point. One of the things I like about you. I've asked my family for permission to tell you and they said yes but I can only give you hints and you have to figure it out on your own. Just like Angela did," she answers quietly and I opened my mouth to talk when she shook her head.

"And no you can't ask her. She had to figure it out on her own as well. It's not because I want to be difficult but it would be easier if you figured it out so I don't get in trouble," she adds gently and I look at her in confusion.