Chapter 7

Ronnie's POV:

I crouch down a bit as I look at a mountain lion who's stalking a doe. As it lunges forward to the doe, I lunge at it and take it down on the forest floor while it snarls angrily.

   I growl back before sinking my teeth into its neck to quench my thirst. After a few seconds I pull away and lick my lips before picking up the body then sped deeper into the forest leaving it where a bear or a pack of wolves will eat it.

   I glare up at the sun poking through the openings of the tree branches. This day was supposed to be mine and Bella's date but the weather decided to say fuck you and made me cancel.

   It's not that I wanted to. I had no choice but to come up with an excuse. Which was that I wasn't feeling well today and said I must've caught Edward's stomach flu.

  Bella was very understanding and said we can always go another day but that we will go on a date, no if or buts. I had to smile at that. She's so understanding. It's unbelievable.

I sped back home to take a much needed shower. I leaped onto my balcony that's connected to my room and collected my clothes then headed into my bathroom to take a shower.

I get undressed and stepped into my shower where the warm water is spraying down. If there was one thing I missed as a human is being able to go out in the sun.

  Well out in public that is. I take a quick shower and did my after care routine, do my hair, and brush my teeth.

   I clean up my bathroom then walked out and grabbed a pair of socks from my drawer. I don't really like walking barefoot in the house so usually I'll just wear socks.

    Now if we were at the beach it's different. I sat on the edge of my bed to put them on when a knock came from my door.

    A familiar scent reached my nose and I stop my actions briefly before sighing. "What do you want, Edward?" I ask with a heavy sigh.

   My door opens and he walks right in. I don't remember inviting you in. I glare at him and grab my shoes.

   He chuckles and grabbed my desk chair to sit on it. "I just wanted to tell you that you did the right thing on canceling on Isabella. If you hadn't well it wouldn't have been good for you," he tells me and my lips curls as I want to bare my teeth at him.

  "Is that a threat? You know what happened last time. How's the scars?" I quip with a feral grin and he flinches at the reminder.

  He hates scars and I gave him plenty of them because he was being all threatening. "You see that? Anger, you have so much of it. What happens when you and Isabella have a fight? You can lose control and hurt her. You don't want to hurt her, do you?" He says as he leans back while crossing his arms.

   My eyes drift away from him to focus tying my shoes. "I won't hurt her. I will never lose control," I firmly respond.

   He tsks, "you can't know that, Ronnie. That's why I, myself is trying to stay away. We're dangerous predators. Lions if you will and Isabella is the little lamb who doesn't know what she's really getting herself into. Especially with you. You're a half thing and you probably won't even tell Isabella until it's too late."

   I sped to my feet and face him. "Her name is Bella, who's my mate! You have no right to come in here and tell me I'm gonna hurt my mate. I'd rather die than even think of hurting her. You need to stop this whole bullshit with us being soulless and monsters. We're not any of those things. I'm sorry that your life is so miserable, Edward. But you can't make my life miserable with you. Everyone is happy with their lives except for you. Get the hell out of my room or I'll have no problem showing you the way out," I rant on and his eyes turn black.