Chapter 6

Ronnie's POV:

I feel my phone buzz and I pull it out of my pocket. I'm super bummed about having to reschedule our date. I was looking forward to it.

I smile happily to myself. I know, love. So was I. But I'd rather have you 100% for it. The car stops and I look up finding that we're already home.

    The three of us climb out of the car and I sigh heavily while staring at the house. An arm wraps around my shoulders.

"Don't worry. I got your back. Plus we all know how our instincts act when our mate is in danger," Rosalie reassures me and plants a kiss on the side of my head.

   Yeah. They shouldn't be too mad right? I nod and smile at her before we all walk up the stairs towards the front door.

   I open the door and let the girls go first which they thank me for. Gotta be a gentlewoman like Rosalie and Esme taught me.

I close the door and we all head over towards the living room where the rest of our family is except for dad who's at work still.

They all turn towards me with the exception of Rosalie and Angela who take a seat on the love seat. "First I would like to start off with saying I'm sorry for almost exposing us," I spoke up softly trying to meet each of my family's eyes.

   "Ronnie, she isn't one of us. She could hurt you," Emmett is the one to the break the silence with a concerned look.

  I chuckle softly, "Emmy, I'm a vampire that can lift up a diesel and she's a human. I think I'm safe, Emmy Bear. She's my mate. I wouldn't have changed a thing I did today."

   He thins his lips and nods before giving me a small smile. He's such a big teddy bear. He's my brother bear.

   "Bella's okay?" Mom softly asks as she set her hands on my arms. I look down at her and nod.

  "Yes she is. Not a scratch was even on her, mom," I answer with a smile and her expression changed into a relieved one.

She leans up to peck my cheek gently then pulled away. "That's good. I'm proud of you," she tells me.

   I look towards Alice and Jasper who stood up. "Don't worry about it, darlin. If I was in your shoes, I would've done the same," Jasper tells me and glances down at Alice.

I nod with a smile and accept the hug he gave me. If the roles were traded I know he would save Alice from being crushed by the van.

   We pull away and I look at Alice who squeezes me tightly. "I'm sorry I didn't see it happening, Ronnie. If I would've seen it, you wouldn't have to run across the lot," she mumbles into my shoulder.

  I rub her back softly and lean my head down to press against hers. "It is not you're fault, Pixie. Everything happened so fast so I don't blame you so you shouldn't blame yourself," I pull away to look her in the eye, "okay?"

She reluctantly nods and I smile softly down at her before pressing a small kiss on her head then pulled away. She moves to be next to Jasper.

   I squeal before laughing as Emmett picks me up in a big hug then twirled us around. "Mm hm, I'm happy for you regardless, Ronnie Bear. Just be more careful, yeah," he says once we stopped.

   I smile up at him and pat his cheek, "will do, Emmy Bear." He grins and released his hold on me before stepping away.

  "Where's the douche at?" I question getting a swat to my arm from mom who gives me a stern look. I just smile cutely at her making mom playfully roll her eyes with a small smile.