Eʟ Cʜᴀᴘᴜʟɪɴ

______________________________________

Jaime asked Angie to tag along to the Kord building. While Angie was hesitant, she wanted to help Jaime get rid of the scarab, so she went.

The teens jump as Rudy yanks the cover off of his truck.

"That's it ?" Jaime says

"I call it, El Chapulin." Rudy says

"Why ?"

"You know, when you make something cool, you can call yours whatever you want, okay ?" Rudy says walking around him, "Here, be useful. Hold that."

"You're sure that this one works ?" He says

"Thank you." Rudy says taking the tool from
him, "Yes. Unlike the junk that Kord makes, my tech delivers."

"Okay. You could have just said yes."

"Okay, cupcake, you wanna hit that yellow switch there ?" Rudy says to Jenny. She presses it, but it only buzzes. "Hit the yellow switch."

"She just did." Angie says as Jenny leans over to hit it again.

"Okay." He sighs walking back over and climbing into the trunk, "Well, at least I don't have to open that annoying tailgate. It's going on your tab. So just give me, like, one step."

They back away as he kicks at his machine. "Just gotta give it a little..." He kicks it again and a theme song starts to play as the lights cut on, "Oh, that's sexy."

"Great." Jenny nods, "That's... that's great. Uh, so it works."

Rudy stops before walking on to the drivers side, "Uh, yeah, it works. I'll keep the truck running."

"That looked like hesitation." Angie mutters as he gets in the car

Jenny furrows her brows, "Let's go."

Angie and Jaime follow behind her into the building. The two look around at the bright lights. Angie's eyes trail over to a tv.

"So join me and my little pals and all of our Kord subsidiaries..."

"The key's here." Jenny says walking forward

"Around the globe, to build a better future. A Kord future."

"She seemed so different back then." Jaime says. Angie turns quickly not realizing he was right behind her. Jaime's eyes trail over to her, but she looks away.

"Vicki and my grandfather started Kord Industries together..." Jenny says looking through papers, "and turned it into a military powerhouse. Then, when my grandfather died, Victoria thought the company would go to her. But he left everything to my dad instead."

"Seems kind of..." Jaime starts

"Sexist ?" Jenny and Angie say in unison. Angie looking over to her as Jaime chuckles.