Rᴇᴜɴɪᴏɴ

______________________________________

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

______________________________________

Angelina and Jaime were the duo. Where one went, the other wasn't far behind. They've been attached at the hip since they were 5 and truthfully, they couldn't remember a time without each other. And they didn't want to.

Angelina also couldn't remember a time when she wasn't in love with Jaime. He's always there for her, making sure she took care of herself since she had a habit of forgetting, calling her whenever he had time while he was away at college. No matter what, to Jaime, she came first.

Now, of course, Jaime didn't know how Angelina felt. And if Angelina had it her way, he never would. She couldn't risk losing him if he didn't feel the same way. So, if keeping him around meant he didn't know, then he wouldn't.

But she was okay with that because as long as she had Jaime, she was happy.

______________________________________

Angelina doesn't think she's ever moved so fast in her life. Milagro had just texted her saying that Jaime made it back. She couldn't be there to get him from the airport because of work, but now knowing that he was actually home, nothing was keeping her away.

She rushes up the walkway before knocking on the door rapidly. When the door opens, Rudy stands there with an annoyed look on his face.

"What did I tell you about knocking like you're the police?" He grumbles

"Sorry, Rudy." She chuckles walking past him, "Where is he?"

Rocio, Jaime's mom, walks in with a smile on her face, "In his room."

"Thank you." Angelina says in a sing-song voice before taking off down the hall.

Jaime turns as he hears rapid footsteps. He smiles as Angelina stops in his doorway.

"Jaime!" She exclaims as she runs toward him. He laughs as he wraps his arms around her. Her own arms going around his neck. "Oh my god, I missed you so much."

"I missed you too." He says squeezing her. Angelina hesitantly pulls away holding his arms.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be at the airport. I got stuck at work."

"No worries." He says shaking his head. Angelina plops down on his bed.

"So, how does it feel to be a college graduate?" She smiles

"Good, I guess." He says

"You guess?" She chuckles, "You should feel great. You're the first Reyes to make it through."

"Yeah, I should but," He trails off. Angelina raises her brows as he sits beside her, "Did you know about the house?"

Angelina's eyes go wide as he looks at her. He wasn't supposed to find that out yet. "Um.."

"Angie." He sighs

"Okay, yes, I did."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He says standing up

"Because your mom asked me not to. They didn't want you freaking out and flying back."

"Of course, I would've. Especially with my dad having a heart attack." He says, "They need all the help they can get."

"I know. I've been helping them out too, but Jaime," She says standing up, "They're gonna figure it out. They always do."

Jaime sighs as Angie stands in front of him. As much as he wanted to believe her, he was still very worried.

"You know what?" She says, "I'm gonna go get Milagro and we're gonna go chill out on the roof like we always do. Okay?"

Jaime smiles lightly, "Okay."

"Okay." She nods. He watches as she walks out of his room before going down the hallway.

______________________________________

Milagro, Angie, and Jaime sat on the roof with beers in their hand. All of them recounting the memories over the years.

"Remember how Mom taught us salsa right there on the front porch?" Milagro says

"You were always better than me." Jaime says

"Yeah. No, I still think you don't know how to dance salsa."

Jaime laughs, "Yeah, I got two left feet. I can't help it."

"Yeah." Milagro says as Angie laughs

"Do you remember your 21st birthday?" Angie says turning to him

"I remember the first half." Jaime sighs, "I can't believe we're losing this place."

"It was rough." Milagro says

"Yeah, well, I'm not leaving again." Jaime says before sipping his beer

"What about grad school?" Angie says

"Well, that's not gonna help the family. I can't get us into even more debt."

"Animo, bro." Milagro says hitting his arm, "Okay, you always land on your feet. You're Jaime."

Jaime chuckles as Angie smiles, "Thank you, but..." He sighs, "This wasn't how it was supposed to happen, Mili."

"What was supposed to happen?"

"I was supposed to make it out. I was supposed to get all of us out of here." He says looking between the two girls

"Thanks, bro, but I like the Keys." Milagro says

"You know what I meant." He smiles

"Yeah." She nods. It goes quiet as they all look out to the other side of town. Bright lights shining all over the buildings.

Jaime sets his can down, "Doesn't it bother you guys that they talk about progress and get everything while we have to sit here and go broke?"

"You're a Mexican in Edge Keys, carnal." Milagro scoffs, "That progress is not for us. Okay?"

"The poor go over here and the rich go over there, until the rich want to be here and push us out." Angie shrugs, "We used to have the other side of the tracks and now they want that, too."

"I still have a degree, right?" Jaime says, "That's gotta mean something. I'll get a job. Not just any job, but a prime job. Yeah, I'm gonna get the money to save this place."

As he turns to the girls, they raise their brows. He could tell they thought he was going crazy. He chuckles, "Don't look at me at like that."

Angie and Milagro laugh as he stands up, "Look, I'm telling you, in five years, we're gonna be rolling in it. This is just gonna be one of our houses. We're gonna have the mansion on the water with the marble everywhere, infinity pool."

He looks down at them nodding before looking out again, "Yeah, just watch. Just watch."

As he sips his beer, the girls look to each other. Angie smiling as Milagro raises her brows.

"He's your friend." Milagro says before sipping her beer. Angie rolls her eyes as she looks back up at Jaime again. Butterflies erupting in her stomach at the content smile on his face.

______________________________________

ɪɴᴠɪsɪʙʟᴇ sᴛʀɪɴɢ | ᴊᴀɪᴍᴇ ʀᴇʏᴇsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें