Mᴀʀɪᴀ ʟᴀ ᴅᴇʟ Bᴀʀʀɪᴏ

______________________________________

Everyone was worried out of their mind. They had no clue where Jaime went and if he was okay. Angie felt like her heart would never slow down.

Rocio was on the phone with the police as Rudy messed with the power to cut the lights on. Milagro and Angie held the table up as Alberto screwed the nails in to hold it together.

"Shouldn't we be out there looking for him ?" Milagro suggests

"No, no, no !" Rocio says to the police. She moves the phone from her ear. "I'm on hold again."

They hear yelling before there's another crash in the living room. They all look over from the kitchen.

"Never mind. We found him." Rocio says into the phone. "Jaime ?" Rocio calls out as they walk into the living room. Jaime stands up and Milagro and Angie immediately turn away holding their hands out.

"Yo, put those huevos away, bro." Milagro says

Nana laughs, "Como cuando estaba chiquito."

"Porque tiene frío, amá." Rudy says

"Tapate los tanates, Jaime." Rocio says holding out a blanket

Jaime sways, "It's Jamie, not Jaime."

Rocio yelps as he falls to the ground. They all look around at each other as Rudy turns away.

"Oh, no." Rudy mumbles as Rocio tosses the cover onto Jaime.

______________________________________

They ended up moving Jaime onto the couch. The cover still on him. A few hours had passed and he still hadn't woken up. So, Rocio decided to waft Vic's under his nose. This seemed to do the job as his eyes shoot open.

"What are you guys doing ?" He mumbles as they all stand around the couch looking down at him.

"Ay, pobrecito mijo." Nana says rubbing his forehead

"¿Estás bien, mijo?" Alberto asks

"He's alive." Rudy says

"Jaime. Do you feel okay, mijo ?" Rocio asks softly. Jaime lifts the cover and immediately brings it down. Now noticing that he was, in fact, naked.

"Oh ! No. No way." He says sitting up. He stands up and looks down again covering his mouth.

"Jaime, listen, there's something on..." Milagro tries

"No, not now, Milagro." He says rushing toward his room

"Jaime, she's serious." Angie says as they follow after him

"No, no, no. Not now, Angie." He says slamming the door. "Not now !"

Milagro huffs as they stand outside the door.