Nᴇᴡ Jᴏʙ

______________________________________

"So, you not only got yourself fired on your first day, but got Milagro fired too ?" Angie says into her phone as she lays on her bed

"Yes, but I also got a job opportunity from Jenny Kord. You keep forgetting that." Jaime says

"I'm not forgetting it."

"Then why won't you say it ?"

"Because," She says sitting up against her headboard, "The Kords aren't really known for actually helping people. They usually just take."

"Well, it seemed like she was arguing with her aunt when I stepped in. Almost like she was trying to do the right thing."

"Look, Jaime, I'm happy for you. I really am." She sighs, "I just don't want to you get upset if this doesn't work out like you think it will."

"It will. It has to." He says softly

Angie's face softens as she picks at her bedding. She knew Jaime was worried about his family and wanted to get a job as soon as possible. What kind of friend would she be if she shot him down ?

"You know what ? It's gonna work. She was nice enough to offer you a job. There aren't many people doing that. Hopefully they pay a lot."

Jaime laughs, "I would think so. They own more than half the city."

"Doesn't mean anything." She says, "But if you say it's gonna be good, then I believe you."

The line goes quiet for a few seconds. Angie looking up at her ceiling as Jaime sighs softly, "Thank you, Angie."

"For what ?" She mutters

"Always being there. I don't think I would be able to do half of what I do without you."

Angie feels her heart skip a beat as she sits there. She lets out a breath, "Of course, Jaime. What kind of friend would I be if I wasn't there ?"

Jaime chuckles, "A pretty bad one I guess."

Angie laughs as she lays back against her pillow again. Unbeknownst to her, Jaime mirrored her actions. His heart dropping a little at the title she gave herself.

______________________________________

Jaime makes his way up to the building. He stops before the steps and looks up at the building.

He exhales, "All right, okay, Jaime. You got this."

"¡Ánimo, mijo !" His dad yells. Jaime sighs as he turns around. "God..."

His family and Angie were standing by the car smiling at him. He gives an embarrassed smile. "Thank you, Apa. Ya, pues, you guys can go, okay ?"

"You're gonna be okay, flaquito. You belong here." Rocio says