You Are My Fairytale

Prince James Potter is having a good day.

It's the day of his engagement, of celebrations. It's sunny, and nothing could go wrong.

Except, it does.

He falls into another world. A world where a doctor with dark curls and grey eyes and his 5-year-old daughter save him from the streets. And how does James explain that he has to go back home to his kingdom to marry his princess?

And how does someone keep wanting to go home, when a beautiful and kind man teaches James to see the real world, a world of true love, laughter, and happiness? How could that not be his happy ending?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prince James Potter is having a good day.

He breathes the warm air of his kingdom, facing the big window in the ballroom of his palace.

It's James' favorite room.

The gardens are beautiful too, and he loves going for walks at sunset, enjoying the quiet company of the birds and the squirrels.

And the Throne Room is just as mesmerizing. Spacious and elegant, it represents James' future and is the core of his beloved palace.

But the ballroom.

You see, James was a romantic. Every time he saw the room he pictured couples waltzing to sweet music, a big orchestra, dresses, flowers, and a beautiful princess in the arms of her prince. Gentle laughter and pretty hands. A soave voice and an intimate smile. James loved it.

He smiles at the blue sky. Not a cloud in sight, as always. Hogwarts was as bright as ever for the day of his engagement.

"Your Highness?"

James turns with a smile, looking at the man standing behind him with a light frown on his face.

"Walter! What's bothering you on such a beautiful day?" James asks the butler.

"It's the flowers, your Highness. I beg your pardon, the question might seem obvious, but should we decorate with orchids or lilies?"

"Not at all, my friend," James replies happily. "Has my princess expressed a preference for orchids?"

"No, your Highness."

"So lilies it is," James replies. "What more beautiful flower to pay homage to Princess Lily?"

"As you prefer, Your Highness." Walter nods.

"Walter," James calls, before the butler can turn to rush off and continue with the preparations. He's suddenly nervous, and there's a question that has been in his mind for some time, now. "Do you think– Do you think she'll like this? That I will make her happy enough to want to live here?"

Walter's frown deepens. "Of course, Your Majesty. Miss Lily is the future princess and your bride. And you are the Prince. It's a happy ending. It's destiny."

"I know, I know, but–" James hesitates. "You know what? Nothing," he smiles, shaking his head. "I can't wait to meet her. Like you said, it's fate between us. I'm sure she will be lovely."

"Of course, Your Royal Highness." Walter nods. "If you don't mind, I will go back to the decorations. Miss Lily will arrive shortly after the guests of the kingdom in a few hours.

"Of course, Walter. Yes." James nods, watching the butler pretty much run away.

Sighing, James turns back to watch the gardens. He had already prepared for the occasion, wearing his favorite royal robe, red and gold. He had been told that Miss Lily had red hair, and wasn't it really fate? James was ready to fall in love with her.