Nora: Right! What was I thinking? But still, I hope we end up on the same team together. 

Nora slurps her pancake as Y/N's jaw drops slightly before whispering in disbelief.

Y/N: Did she just drink that pancake? 

Blake looks up from her book before making a questioning sound having not heard Y/N.

Nora: Oohhhh! We should come up with some sort of plan, to make sure we end up on the same team together! What if we bribe the headmaster? No, that won't work. He has the school.

The Ninja guy just sits quietly and eats his own pancakes before they both finish and walk off the girl having not stopped once.

Blake looks up from her book visibly tired.

Blake: I'm even more tired from just listening to her it's like she took my social battery.

Y/N: Blake your social battery isn't that big to begin with.

Blake: That's the point.

Blake and Y/N are now in the locker room as Y/N takes off his jacket before putting on his array of weapons. He looks at the rifle before deciding to put it on the back and just electing to carry his mace. Y/N puts the jacket and the mask in the locker for safekeeping. Y/N can't see the two from breakfast but he can certainly hear them.

Nora: I know! We'll have some sort of signal! Like a distress signal! A secret signal so we can find each other in the forest! Can you imitate a sloth?

Y/N hears a voice that he hadn't heard before and assumes it's the ninja guy.

Ren: Nora?

Nora: Yes Ren?

Ren: I don't think sloths make a lot of noise.

Nora goes quiet for a moment before she gasps.

Nora: That's why it's perfect! No one will suspect we're working together!

Ren: Come on Nora, let's go.

Nora: Not "together-together..."

The two get quieter as Y/N closes his locker only to be met by Blake standing there.

Y/N: Yes?

Blake: Are you sure you're ok you seem to be spacing out more.

Y/N: I'm fine I am just in a new environment with a lot of people. I will be useful later don't worry.

The two then walk off. Ruby and Yang are at their lockers as Ren and Nora have just walked past them.

Ruby: Wonder what those two are so worked up about?

Yang: Oh, who knows? So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking.

Yang leans back a little. As Ruby strokes Crescent Rose makes Yang a little uncomfortable 

Yang: Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby groans in frustration and places her Scythe back in the locker then turns back to Yang holding up three fingers.

Ruby: You sound like Dad! Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk! And thirdly: You just want to see Y/N don't you?!