Part 19 : The half truth

Começar do início

Arnav looked back at Aniket, who had gone back to sleep, and shook him gently. "Get up, Ani. We're already late."

"Sone do na yaar,"

Arnav sighed. "Achcha tu soja thodi der aur, mujhe toh Jane de. Come on, let go of me!"

Aniket rubbed his eyes and sat up. He looked at the watch and cringed. He was late.

"Abhi bhi sona hai, wakil sahab?" Arnav smiled.

The smile on Aniket's face faltered when he looked back at Arnav. "Aap phir se nhi soye na puri raat?"

Arnav got up from the bed. "Get ready and come down for breakfast."

Aniket sighed in defeat. He knew Arnav wouldn't be up for that argument. He would always choose them over himself, their comfort over his own! And that's what made him Arnav Singhania!

"Bhaiya," He called out when Arnav was just stepping out of room.

Arnav turned to look at him.

"I can never let go of you; you know that, don't you?" He gave Arnav a charming smile. "Aur haan aap breakfast ke liye ruk hi rahe ho toh make me some grilled cheese sandwich?"

Arnav rolled his eyes, but his heart warmed up. His brother could be charming and annoying at the same time. His shoulders relaxed. He could handle anything till his brothers were alright. Aniket's nightmares were making his heart restless, but his smile calmed down his racing heart. He was grateful that his brother never let anything falter his smile. He would always be grateful for these mercies!

---------------------------------------

Arnav walked into the kitchen to the cheerful laughter of his wife and younger siblings. He was pleasantly surprised to see Shivangi with them. He stood on the doorstep listening to them.

"Yaar Bhabhi yeh toh jal gya dekho?" Shivi said as she took out a cake from the microwave.

Ashi turned off the stove and turned to her to check the cake. She sighed. The cake was completely burnt. "Temperature kisne set Kiya?"

Shivi turned to glare at Aryan, who turned to Ayaansh, and Ayaansh gave a sheepish look to them.

"Maine kaha tha na mai kar deti hoon?" Ashi glared at him.

"I wanted to learn, Bhabhi," Ayaansh gave her a charming smile. "Bhaiya kehte hai na cooking is a survival skill."

Arnav had taught him a lot of new things in kitchen over the past few months. His Bhabhi had wholeheartedly appreciated that. But for Ayaansh, the best part of their cooking sessions was when his Bhabhi blasted off his Bhaiya every time, he endured even a small cut. That had been their best source of entertainment for the weekends now.

"Bhaiya kehte hai cooking is an expression of love!" Aryan corrected him. For him, cooking was not limited to being a mere survival skill; it would always be an expression of love.

Ayaansh smiled. He couldn't agree more!

"If you guys are done with the enlightenment, can we do something about the cake?" Shivi smiled at them sarcastically.

"Rehne do, Shivi," Ashi took the cake away. "I'll make another one if you guys want."

Before Shivi could reply, Aryan hugged Ashi by her midriff. "Haan, Bhabhi, aur iss baar chocolate wala banana,"

"Kyun?" Ayaansh protested immediately. "Bhabhi fruit cake hi banao aap..."

"Enough, boys!" Shivi glared at them and pulled Ashi away from their hold, making her sit. "Aap kyun pareshan hoti ho, Bhabhi? No need to give in to all their demands. You are already not well."