"Oh, we've done much worse," Danny pipes up, exchanging grins with his friends, "I for one, got caught skinny dipping with my girlfriend by my parents. I wanted to die." A small laugh is shared among the crowd. They were tense, Evie could feel it. She knew what was on their minds. Yeah, it was a dinner party but, the most important guest was inside of her and she wasn't sure how she could tell them she didn't care if they had questions. Josh breaks the silence with a clap of his hands, "Well, we have a really great spread outside that is getting cold. I made puttanesca and Evie helped make the bread and a really good dip so–"

"Sounds good to me," Josh's twin, the one she believed was called Jake, said as he got off the barstool with a beer in his hand, "I'm starved."

The group makes their way outside and all 3 of their guests were surprisingly able to take a seat at the bench opposite to the couple. The conversation quickly went over to the food as Josh helped everyone get a serving of food. "I haven't had anything noodly in so long," Sam said, tying back his long brown hair, "When you said pasta I was like, holy shit yes? I feel like I've done nothing but eat those little sandwiches from the catering company for like a week straight."

"No kidding," Danny nods his head, an exasperated sigh leaving his lips, "My fridge is full of them. I wish there was a way I could just tell them to stop ordering so many. The crew never eats them and you guys don't eat lunch meat."

"Maybe we should get Josh and Evie to cater for us," Sam was already testing the bread, and audible moan coming from his mouth as he crunched down on a slice, mumbling his compliment through a mouthful of carby goodness, "Fuck this is good." The calmness that she'd been waiting for all evening finally settled into her bones while she listened to the boys complain about their daily lives. She'd been so worried about making a good impression on them, that she'd forgotten that they were just people at the end of the day. People who apparently hated sandwiches. "So," Jake clears his throat, "Evie, how are you feeling? You know with your um... condition?"

She couldn't help but blush now and Josh gently reaches over to squeeze her hand reassuringly. "I'm okay," she said, "I know it's a lot for you guys too. I won't you know, get in your way or anything or keep Josh from important things. I just hope you're not mad." When she did finally look back up from her lap, all 3 of the guys had a look of shock and confusion on their faces. "Why would we be mad at you?" Jake was the first to say, "If anything, I'd be more mad at Josh for being stupid. I mean really, you have condoms."

Josh shrugged like he didn't care but his face was already starting to turn red, "I dunno, a bottle of wine and a beautiful woman make things kinda fuzzy. But I'm not mad it happened either," he was looking lovingly at Evie as he spoke, "We'll just make things work."

Excitement was building in Sam's voice as he spoke, "I mean, I think I can speak for all of us here. It's surprising for sure but we're excited. We get to be uncles."

"Cool uncles," Jake snorted, "I am going to make sure this kid is loaded with toys and clothes and everything, way before they're even here."

"Can I be an uncle too?" Danny asked quietly, "I know we're not related by blood but–"

"That's a stupid question, of course you are," Sam scolds Danny playfully, "We all get to be cool uncles and Josh gets to be the cool dad." They were goofballs. Now she could see where Josh got it from. All three of them were grinning ear to ear while they bickered playfully, even Josh was smiling. They would be good uncles. Good babysitters too. She wasn't exactly sure about how good of a parent Josh would be just yet. Though he was laughing and smiling now, Evie was sure that he was still in shock about it like she was. It still didn't feel real to either of them. "I think you guys will all be awesome uncles," Evie chuckled, "Babysitters too."