Tinder

Here in your arms I found my paradise~

My only chance for happiness.

"Evie?"

... And if I lose you now I think I might die

"EVIE!"

Evie jumps in her seat, frantically pulling out her headphones from her ears. It was a dreary, cold and wet afternoon with absolutely nothing going on. Hearing her name being called with that kind of fierceness sent shockwaves throughout her limbs. Her head snaps back to the voice that had been calling her name to see her co-worker

(and longtime roommate) Kelsey standing just behind the counter with an oversized bag of tuna in her hands. She had an overexaggerated pout on her face. "You didn't make the tuna before you went on break," she half whines, "You know I can't stand putting my hands in this stuff."

"Dude," Evie huffs, rolling her eyes and putting one of her earbuds back in, "You interrupted my break for this? It's not even that bad. Just pretend it's cold mud or something." It really wasn't all that bad, but Kelsey always made her make the tuna when they prepped the meats. It was cold, gooey and smelled very fishy. Kelsey hated the feeling but Evie didn't mind though, it kinda felt nice to her... even if it was through gloves. "I don't even know why we make it here," Kelsey complained, "Nobody ever eats this shit. Ever. Can you please come and make it before you leave? I'll clean your bathroom this week if you do. Pleeeeeease?"

Evie pulls her headphones out of her ears and wraps up the half eaten sandwich sitting on the table in front of her. "I do," I said, passing by her on my way to the back of the store, "Tuna's not as bad as you think it is. This one doesn't have celery in it either. That's when it's really gross." She passes Evie the bag of tuna, which was opened swiftly with the scissors that had been dangling above her head. The huge metal bowl and bag of mayo were already sitting out on the counter. "Are you doing okay today Evie?" Kelsey asked, leaning herself against the counter, "You seem grumpier than usual."

Evie shrugs, "It's Monday. It's dead as fuck out there in the lobby... as usual. We haven't had a customer in over two hours. It's raining and I'd rather just be back at home instead of doing nothing here," she says, looking up and over to the camera perched above their heads, "Any minute now, Vish is gonna check those cameras, call us and yell that we're 'not doing anything' and make us clean the whole store. And I really don't feel like doing that today."

Kelsey shakes her head, smiling, "No, I mean– you always hate working Mondays. You've just been... extra quiet today." Evie was busily mixing the tuna together now with a frown on her face, shaking her head. Kelsey rolls her eyes, "This... isn't about the party I went to last night, is it? I'm sorry I left without you I—."

"It's not," Evie snapped back, "I really, truly didn't want to go and it doesn't hurt my feelings that you don't take me. Okay?"

Kelsey pursed her lips together into a frown, "Hm," she hums thoughtfully, "I think maybe you should go at least once. You need to have some fun. I think you... might meet a guy there if you give it a chance." The words left her mouth coated in honey and she now donned a sickly sweet, yet sly smile on her face. Evie finishes the tuna in silence. Her expression was now even more sour than before. As she's removing her gloves, Kelsey reaches out to bump her playfully, "Hey, I know it's hard to meet other people but I think you'd like some of the guys that hang out with my friends. They're not all bad. You said you were looking for a spicy summer, right? You could come up to Nashville with me and–"

"I said I wasn't going to another party ever again," Evie interrupts her, tossing out the soiled gloves down below the counter and pushing the tuna bowl away, "I have better things to do than waste my time getting drunk with a bunch of guys who probably share a singular brain cell between the group of them." Evie takes the plastic wrap from above her head and pulls out a large sheet to cover the tuna bowl with. Kelsey rolls her eyes, "So what are you mad about then?"