Olipop

Josh left the house at around 8:30am, gave Evie a kiss goodbye and assured her that he'd be back home in the early afternoon since they weren't planning on practicing today. When the door clicked shut and his car left the driveway, it clicked with Evie that she hadn't really thought about what she was going to do today. The house wasn't the biggest house in the world but it was much larger than her apartment. None of her stuff was here, so she sat for the longest time in the bay window, just watching the traffic while eating her Starbucks. While she'd sworn that she'd only ordered a coffee, Josh had snuck in a spinach and feta wrap in there which was actually pretty tasty.

What am I going to do today?  Evie wondered to herself. Before he'd left, Josh had given her the "what's mine is yours" spiel but she still felt weird touching his stuff. Still, she did want to listen to his band. A text from Kelsey breaks her concentration on the cars. "Good," she was replying to their previous conversation, "I'd have gotten in a fist fight if they showed up again. Sorry to get back to you so late. My parents are here packing things. I still can't believe this is all happening."

Evie couldn't hold back her scoff, "No kidding," she texted back, "Josh is gone for the afternoon and I'm stuck in his house until he comes back. I think I'm gonna play some of the records he has. Maybe check out the books on the shelf in the other room."  The other room being second bedroom that Evie had hidden in when the rest of the band showed up out of nowhere the night they'd slept together. There was a little office inside along with the little bed that she'd learned was a futon that Josh had rolled out the night before Evie had come over in case she wanted to sleep there. Nice of him, but it definitely wasn't being used as intended. There was a desk, a very nice Mac PC and headphones. Lots of stuff hung on the walls, photos of the past of him and his band on stage, records and a few awards handed out to just him. It was a cute little office space. "I'm still so jealous," Kelsey's reply was quick this time, Did you find out if any of them were single?"

"They're unfortunately all dating someone," Evie texted back as she ascended the stairs to the bedroom, "Sorry Kels..." It was a leisure day, yes, but Evie still wanted to get dressed. Upstairs, she breaks into her duffle bag and gets out her most comfortable pair of pants and t-shirt. Getting undressed, Evie again pauses in front of the mirror to look at her figure and to her shock and surprise– she was sporting the smallest little bump. She almost couldn't believe it. It looked like she was kind of bloated. She was really, actually pregnant. Evie quickly snaps a photo of herself in the mirror to send to Kelsey. "I know it's not a whole lot but, I definitely have the tiniest little bump now," Evie texted her friend, "I'm still not over how real this is."

"Oh my gooooosh, Evie you're so cute!" She could hear Kelsey's squealy, gushing reply in her head and it only made her smile more, "What do you think it's gonna be? Boy? Girl?"

Evie ran her fingers gently over the tiny little bump. What did she want to have? "I wouldn't really care what it is, to tell you the truth. Both of them would be great. Wouldn't I sound terrible if I preferred one gender over the other?"

"Nahhh," Kelsey replies, "I'd love to be a boy mom. It's in my blood. I mean, I wouldn't be upset if I had a girl but I would so much rather have a boy." Evie puts her shirt on and smoothes it down over her belly once more. It was noticeable now, but only if she really made an effort to press the clothing against her body. She texts Kelsey again, "He's telling his brothers today, about me. And this predicament we got ourselves into. I'm so worried they're gonna hate me when they find out."

And then her phone rings. It was Kelsey. Of course. Evie rolls her eyes and answers the phone. "What makes you think they're gonna hate you?" Kelsey says, "Sorry, I just thought it might be too long to text out but like– why would they hate you? Maybe they might be excited to be uncles."