Communication

Morning light shines in through the upper floor of Josh's home, illuminating the fresh white linens in a soft glow. It was dim enough that she could see the outline of Josh's figure cuddled up with a pillow on just the other side of the bed. He was a hugger, apparently. Holding tightly onto one of the many pillows stacked above his head. He was precious. Evie still couldn't believe she wasn't dreaming. Rolling over just a bit, she pulled her phone off the nightstand and opened up the camera app to snap a candid photo of her boyfriend, passed out asleep in bed. Admiring the photo, Evie wondered if this was something she could post. Not the whole picture, obviously because that was rude, but maybe just his hand. She still hadn't asked him how she was going to reveal their relationship.

Sitting up in bed, Evie opens up Twitter to see if anyone has said anything yet. It was 7am so she doubted there'd be anything interesting online besides the news. And, she was right. There was nothing really, thankfully. Some chatter about how a few fans were concerned about their show with Metallica, but nothing too crazy. This wasn't too bad. Evie wasn't exactly sure what she was expecting to feel. Did she want people to know who she was or did she want to be the girlfriend that remained hidden? There was the chance they wouldn't get very popular, then she wouldn't have to worry too much. The morning nausea starts to settle in and Evie's reminded that she's pregnant again. Rubbing her belly a little bit, she gets up out of bed and decides to head downstairs. Hopefully, she could make coffee uninterrupted this time.

Josh stirs a bit in bed just as Evie disappears down the steps into the kitchen area. There, tucked in the corner of the kitchen nook was the trusty little coffee pot that Josh had used yesterday. She found his coffee, in the cupboard just above where the machine actually sat. It was a brand she'd never heard of before. Organic. Evie chuckles to herself, how very on brand of him. In the silence, Evie prepares the coffee and hits the button to start the coffeemaker. Propping herself against the counter, she pulls out her phone once more to read the texts she'd gotten from Kelsey. "Soo, how was your first night in your new home with your hot famous boyfriend??" the first one read. Kelsey had sent that text just about 30 minutes ago, meaning she was probably already up. No doubt, her parents were very likely on their way. It was the only reason Kelsey would get up early. "It was fine," Evie texted back, "No disturbances this time, thankfully."

Though she still cautiously cranes her head past the hall's threshold to check and make sure there weren't any shadows lingering at the door. There weren't, thankfully and Evie carefully pushes herself up onto the kitchen island. Opening up Instagram, Evie scrolls through some of the more recent posts of some people she'd followed. Greta van Fleet accounts that seemed to be incredibly dedicated to posting pictures of Josh and his bandmates. The tag for his band was littered with edited pictures of him wearing dazzling, bright clothing while he sang on stage. A jumpsuit, she thought it was called. Clicking on one of the videos, she's brought to a video of her boyfriend at the edge of a stage. He's wearing a dark blue full body outfit with what looks like the gradient of the sun going down the collar. The volume on her phone was set low, but she could still hear him singing. Evie sends the video to Kelsey with a text, "Call me crazy, but I would never have imagined hearing that voice come out of him. He sounds so different when he talks."

Any normal girlfriend dating a musician would have probably heard some of their music now but Evie still couldn't bring herself to listen to the band he was in. For the most part, she'd been so busy with other things to actually sit down and have time to do stuff. The pregnancy, work and even this pandemic thing had taken up majority of her thoughts and it was so much to the point that listening to her own playlist wasn't even on her mind. Maybe that's what she'd do today. Listen to Greta van Fleet. She knew Josh had a record player here and he'd definitely have his band's own vinyls. He'd also have to have a really nice pair of headphones around here somewhere. Some fancy studio ones.