Chapter 5

•cuddle•

•cuddle

Aria

"What?" I asked startled. Is he for real? Or am I hallucinating? Like how could he?

"Nothing, go!" I looked at him for a while and turned around to return to my room. I am so damn confused about this man. In the morning, a girl was continuously clinging to him and now he is continuously flirting with me. I shook my head and ignored all the thoughts. It was almost 12 so I thought to wish Mom and Dad a New Year. I video-called them.

"Only 1 minute left for the new year!" I said as soon as she picked up the call. Mom and Dad were both in the frame. They smiled. 

"I know. Tell me what is going on in your mind?"

"Pulkit!"

"Who is Pulkit?" she asked again and I looked at them. "Who is Pulkit?" I repeated their question back. She looked at me with an amused smile playing on her lips. "You just said that Pulkit is in your mind, so who is this boy?" she asked again and Dad was frowning already. "I said that?" I asked as of course it's impossible. Except in my apartment, he is nowhere in my life.

"Yes, you just said. Now tell me who is he? Is he from your college? she asked again and I sighed and shook my head. "Arey Mom, he is a guest for a few days. Ika's brother's best friend!" I answered and thought when did I say Pulkit is in my mind?

"Okay, so it's New Year. May you grow more this year and best of luck!" Dad wished me and I smiled. "Thanks, Dad, and Happy New Year to both of you my cuties!" I said and they both smiled. "Okay, so go and sleep. I'm also tired", I said and after a while, they disconnected the call. 

I changed into one of my night dresses and wore a hoodie. I tied my hair in a bun and after removing the makeup, I came out only to be surprised. The couch area of the living room was filled with Maggie, coffee, pastries, and some more packets and I saw Pulkit typing something on his laptop. 

"Wooahh!" I said and he looked at me. He sat comfortably and kept the laptop aside. "You took quite a long time!" he said and gestured me to join him. I went and sat on the adjacent couch. 
"Yeah! I was talking to my parents!" I said and he nodded and formed 'O' in his mouth. "Ummm.. By the way Happy New Year!" he wished me and I smiled, awkwardly. "Yeah yeah. Happy New Year to you too", I wished him back, and then we both had nothing to say. 
"So what's the plan?" I initiated. I can't sit quietly in an awkward situation. 

"I have arranged a few things to eat and I was looking for some movies on Netflix so that we can watch while having these", he pointed to the food, then the laptop, and then the food again. I chuckled a little and shook my head.