Chapter 13. History

This chapter takes place after chapter 12.

---

Solar's perspective:

Solar and Ruin are exploring the swamp biome as it hits night in the game.

"Hey Ruin- can I ask you a question-?"

"Well you technically just did- but sure!"

Ruin giggles a bit.

"Um- What as your old life like- in your home dementsion-?"

"..."

Ruin seems to freeze up.

The slime blocks appear and start to attack them, Solar trying to keep Ruin's character from dying.

"R-Ruin are you ok-?"

Did I mess up-?

"Y-You don't need to tell me Ruin-"

"... oh... yeah-"

Ruin snaps out of their state and helps to rid of the slime blocks.

"Sorry... i just... don't remember much..."

"Oh- I'm sorry-"

"Theres no need to apologize love- I just- Don't really remember much of anything other then select moments of my life before I- I was brought here!"

"... Oh- Do you want to remember-?"

Solar pauses the game, turning to Ruin who just stares up at the screen.

Ruin shrugs.

"I don't know."

"... but- I remember you. Thats all I need to remember."

... I... Ruin needs more then just me... Im not worth their whole life...

"Why do you ask-?"

"Oh um- I was just curious- your world- and you for that matter is so- different from everyone else here... I just wanted to know what it was like for you- I guess..."

"What was your life like Solar-?"

"Hell. After me and my Sun separated... Sun wasn't working too well anymore- and Moon blamed it all on me..."

"I didn't really want my Sun to die. He was a good person. Both of them where... Though... Moon couldn't handle it I guess..."

"Where your Sun and Moon also brothers like in this world-?"

"Yeah. It was Sun and Moon against the world... Then I formed."

Ruin grabs Solar, hoisting him onto their lap, hugging him tightly.

Ah- THEIR BEING CUTE AGAIN-

"Good thing you formed as well... If not... I would've destroyed this nice world..."

Solar starts to over heat a bit again as Ruin puts their head on his shoulder.

"... Thanks Ruin-"

"I love you Solar. You always stood out to me..."

"Ah- what does that mean-?"

"... This wasn't the first world me and the... Other person... Visited..."

"Does that mean-"

"... When I saw you... I fell so hard..."

"I'd seen hundreds of Eclipse versions before but... You where... The only one who was... Nice... Others where good... Though not just... Nice..."