Chapter 12 - Friends

(If you're confused as to why I'm posting Chapter 12 again, read the A/N at the end.)

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

YOU walked down the streets, trying to find Jack, while Vil was still glued by your side.

Vil had a goofy smile on his face while his eyes were closed. His head was still lying delicately on your shoulder while holding your arm.

You, who paid no mind to it, just looked around with a worried face.

You knew Jack wouldn't get lost since he literally lives here. But your heart would shatter if you left Jack alone.

Vil slowly lifted his head and observed your worried look with his doe-like eyes.

"Hey, [Y/n], are you okay?" He asked, worried.

You glanced at the violet-eyed boy and gave a smile. "Ah, yes. I'm okay." You looked around. "Just trying to find someone."

Vil tilted his head as his hair tickled your cheek. "Who?"

"My friend." You simply answered.

The boy blinked as his eyes narrowed. "Why would you search for him?"

Not taking your eyes away from your surroundings, you replied, "Because I accidentally left him alone."

Vil pouted. "Then leave him alone. I'm here!"

You sweat dropped and looked at Vil. "I can't just leave him alone." You shrugged. "Maybe you can also become friends with him?" You gave a close-eyed smile.

Vil dead panned. "No way."

"Okay..?"

"[Y/n]-san!"

You perked up when you heard a familiar voice. You noticed a pair of white ears in the crowd of people.

You sighed in relief. Thank goodness.

Jack squeezed himself through the crowd of people. Eventually, he managed to get through the crowd as he wiped the sweat from his forehead and tried to catch his breath.

He was running all around the place and gripped his ears, trying to find you. It's not like he'll admit it.

You frowned. Poor guy. "Jack, I'm sorry for suddenly leaving you alone. Are you okay?"

Jack shook his head as he crossed his arms and looked away with a tint of pink on his tan cheeks. "I'm fine. Just don't do it again."

You smiled. "Apologies. I won't worry you again."

Jack' eyes widened as his cheeks heated more up. "I wasn't worried or something! Don't get ideas in your head!" He looked away, trying to hide his flustered look.

You giggled. "Yes, yes."

Vil's expression darkened as his hold around your arm tightened. "You two seem really close." He muttered.

Jack snapped out of his flustered state as he finally noticed the blonde and purple haired boy. His gaze landed on his arms that were wrapped around your arm as his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

He glanced at you. "[Y/n]-san, who is that?" He gestured towards Vil, who huffed childishly and looked away.

You smiled awkwardly at the strange tension. "Jack, this is Vil." You glanced at Vil. "Vil, this is Jack."

Vil's eyes half-lidded as he stared boredly at Jack and scanned him up and down before looking away, making you and Jack confused.

Jack sweat dropped. "What's with him..?" To that, you shrugged.