Prologue - Unfortunate death

"[N/N]-CHAAN!!" Someone called out

You perked up as you glanced over your shoulder and see your best friend Sachiko. You subconciously smile softly as your eyes soften. "Sachi-chan.."

Sachiko then tackled you into a hug as she rubbed her cheek against yours, making you chuckle.

"Why so energetic so early in the morning?" You asked teasingly.

Sachiko pouted in response and let you go as she placed her hands on her hips. "No reason!" She let out a toothy grin.

You smiled as you readjusted your bag and continued walking down the halls as Sachiko skipped after you as you two began conversing.

"So, how's it going with that new game?" Sachiko asked.

You raised an eyebrow. "Game?" You pondered and then you realized. "Oh! Do you mean that Disney game, Twisted Wonderland?"

She nodded. "Mhm! You started playing a few weeks ago, right?" You nodded. "So, what do you think and which book are you busy with?"

You hummed. "It's a nice game. The characters are all amazing but my personal favorites are Kalim, Ortho, Malleus, Ruggie and Epel. And the storyline is also really interesting and funny. And I finished the Ignihyde book yesterday." You explained.

Sachiko's jaw dropped. "Woah! How did you get so far!? I remember that it almost took me 4 weeks to complete Vil's overblot!"

You laughed at your friend's reaction. "I may or may not have used money to level up my cards and bought gems to get more cards." You said sheepishly.

Sachiko dead panned. "Of course you would." She then smirked. "So, you haven't finished the Diasomnia book yet?"

You shook your head. "I wanted to immediately start with it after the Ignihyde book but I noticed that it was 4 AM so I went to sleep and sadly got scolded by my parents when they came home from work." You shivered slightly at the memory.

Sachiko laughed. "So no spoilers?"

You shrugged. "I don't mind since I already watched the entire game play on YouTube and read insta posts."

"Aw bummer, I was hoping to spoiler you!"

"Too bad."

It was like any happy day for you. Especially since you were with Sachiko. With her, you would never feel lonely.

But you never expected it would end so soon.

———————————————————

After your after school hangout with Sachiko, it was dusk. You two walked down the path and eventually reached the point where you two head your own ways home.

"See you at school tomorrow, yes?" Sachiko said.

You nodded. "Of course. And I'll call you when we're home."

Sachiko nodded her head energetically. "Yes! Then we'll pull an all nighter together and play Genshin! It's the weekend tomorrow, after all!"

You laughed. "Of course."

You two waved each other goodbye. You then turned around as you waited by the roads until the lights turned green while listening to music.

After it turned green, you crossed the streets.

Suddenly, a car was charging in full speed your way.

*CRASH!!*

Friday, 7:45 PM.

———————————————————

It was dark.

You remembered crossing the roads to go home after hanging out with Sachiko.

And then you were hit by a car and died.

The last thing you heard were sirens and people shouting.

How unfortunate.

You never wanted for this to happen.

You couldn't imagine how your parents, little brothers and Sachiko would react to your death.

You could recall all the times when you and Sachiko hung out and had fun. The times you would spend with your brothers. The moments your parents spoiled you with love and affection.

All gone.

You wished you could see your family one last time before dying. It hurt you that you suddenly left them like that. You couldn't imagine the pain and agony they are going through.

It hurt that you can't see your little brothers grow up into adults. It hurt that you couldn't return your parents the happiness they gave you when you were born. It hurt that you broke your promise with Sachiko to always stay together.

You now understand what your grandfather meant.

'Live. Be happy. Smile. Who knows? Tomorrow may never come.'

That's what your grandfather said. His words always make you realize how the world truly is like.

If you could reborn again, you would want to live your life to the fullest. If only you could...

You wish for your parents to know that their daughter wants them to not live in pain. You wish for your brothers to grow up into fine men, marry the love of their life, have children and have a happy life. And you wish for Sachiko to continue living and moving on with a smile.

Those are your only wishes.