Chapter 7 - First Gala

"MY first- WHAT!?!?" You shouted, baffled and confused at what your parents are saying.

Matteo smiled wholeheartedly and repeated. "You're going to your very first gala tomorrow!"

You began panicking internally. You had absolutely NO experience with fancy parties with nobles. You used to be a normal high school girl, for God's sake!

And the worst part is that you have to socialize with so many people!

Why were you reincarnated as a noble? Just why?

"-and you will meet the Alim family." Julianna finished.

You tilted your head. Alim family? That was new. You never heard of such a name in the game.

You tilted your head in confusion. "Who?"

Julianna dead panned. "Sweetie, do you really have no idea who the Alim family are?"

You shook your head.

Matteo just chuckled and picked you up by your armpits and hugged you close. "Don't worry, my little girl! Daddy will explain it to you!"

He cleared his throat. "The Alim's are the Royal family of the Scalding Sands. The mother, Queen Zoya Alim, the father, King Rohan Alim, and their son, Prince Jasim Alim. Queen Zoya and Kalim's mother are sisters, which means Kalim's family is related to the Asim family." He explained. "And the King and Queen have planned a gala that will take place upcoming Saturday for all the nobles around the Scalding Sands."

You blinked. That's right. Kalim's family is related to royalties. You have read theories and fanfics about Kalim having a cousin who's from the royal family and that he goes to Royal Sword Academy.

Since he is the twisted male version of Jasmine from Aladdin, some people call him Jasir, Jasim, Jaseer, and so on. It seems like in this world, his name is Jasim.

Julianna smiled. "Queen Zoya and King Rohan have been dying to meet you, [Y/n]. So they made you the main guest of the gala." She mused happily.

Your eyes widened. What. The. Fuck. You're SO screwed. There goes your plan to sneak out of the ceremony to stargaze or secretly eat all the sweets there.

You did know proper manners like etiquette, polite greetings, dancing, etc.

But socializing is an absolute zero. Sometimes, you just wish you were born in a village like Epel and just lived a quiet and peaceful life.

Ilias placed a hand on his chest as he smiled. "I'm so happy for you, Lady [Y/n]. This will be your first gala." He bowed elegantly. "Allow me to be your escort."

You jumped out of your father's arms and hugged Ilias' leg. "Please stay with me at the gala and don't leave my side, Iliaaaaas!!" You whined.

Ilias is the only one you can rely on when you're there since your parents will be too busy speaking to other people.