|| 2. Pacify ||

Vishwa

The voices were too loud right now. Is it weird how I missed them? I feel like I am a kid again. The voices are soothing and horrifying at the same time.

They nitpick my choice of clothing and encourage me in wearing it too.

The dress makes you look like youre a slut.

But you like the attention don't you?

You love it when people can't take their eyes off you.

You should just not wear clothes and go to the party then.

I applied my lipstick and looked at myself in the mirror all decked up.

One of my friends is throwing a houseparty at her mansion.

Reason? Her parents are out of town.

I picked up my purse and left my room and knocked on Kavya's room.

Bhai was still at office and Kavya was working from home today.

"Come in." I heard from her office room.

Bhai had built this room into a complete library office room for her. Special editions, big official law books and so many organisers and files that she must have seen somewhere, were assembled into this one room.

Just for her.

Just for the THE Kavya Joshi.

"Hey, I am leaving for my friend's house party. I just came to say bye." I saw her turn in her chair and look at me.

"Vishwa, I am all for having fun and parties, but you have semester exams in two weeks. I hope you have studied for that too." There is it.

The look.

Kavya gives me shivers with that look and the truth is she's right, but if I don't go, they'll just make my life hell.

"I know, Bhabhi, I have studied for that too." She gave me silence and then turned back to her work.

"Don't be too late, and yes-" I was walking towards the door when what she said made me go still, "Mr. Singh will go with you."

"Why him? No no Bhabhi no." I can't take him with me! People will notice!

"What's with you Vishwa? Why won't he come? He's your bodyguard!" Kavya had enough with me and I could tell but no no no.

He can't come with me.

People will notice.

They will find out that something's up.

"Send Mr. Singh in my office." Bhabhi already asked for him to come up before I could say or do anything.

He was here in few seconds, all ready in his black suit and I couldn't help but glare at him.

"Why are you doing this to me Kavya Bhabhi!?" I stomped my heels on the floor, and glared at her.

"Shut up." I was stunned and saw her empty eyes meet mine.