|| 1. Plot ||

Vishwa Joshi

"Bhai, just hear me out please. I can't stay here anymore. I can't be scared every time, wondering when he will attack me or somebody I love." Bhai looked angry and upset and was denying the truth of our reality right now but we both knew I was right.

"Vishwa, Bachu, you can't leave like this baby, you can't, you can't." He got up, shaking his head and walking away.

I looked at Kavya, my Bhabhi, who's more of my mother figure than anybody else, coming to me and collecting me in her arms.

"I know what's going on inside your head, Vishwa, but give Adi some time. He will come around, just some time baby is needed. Dhyaan will get his discharge only tomorrow itself and investigation is also going on. There's a lot to deal with before we jump to such big decisions, okay??" She caressed my head and kissed my forehead as I looked up at her.

Who am I kidding? I will never be a great lawyer as her. I don't even know what I am made for.

I nod and she gets up, leaving me in the living room and following back to her room, to convince Bhai about the situation.

When will my life get easier?

I walk to my room, and lock the door behind.

I am a fourth year law student now and let's just say, life's not what I wanted it to be. I thought I'll become a lawyer and be of some use to Bhai, but now that Kavya is my Bhabhi, all the legal work is handled by her.

If she's handling it, nobody can even think about messing with Bhai's company. I worked as her intern in my third year and realised just HOW much work she does and still pushes through in perseverance.

Meanwhile me? Haha. I am just a shell of a perfect girl.

Nobody is University knows that I am a orphaned child. They think I am untouchable and given everything on a silver platter.

They are right.

I am untouchable.

I have been given everything on a silver platter.

And it's all because of my Bhai.

He's the reason I am untouchable.

I am just a shell of a person without him.

I freshen up and sit in front of my dressing table, doing my night skincare routine.

After applying my under eye bag patches, I clicked a selfie and posted it on my Instagram story.

In two seconds, my dms were filled with "omg girl you're so beautiful" and all kinds of thirsty men and women.

Some slut shame me,

some want me,

And some wish they were me.

Plugging the earphones on, I let music consume before my thoughts do.

I know I am a coward. I can't fight through situations like bhai does. The decision to leave is scary, I have never lived away from Bhai, but, I am more scared if anything ever happens again like how Dhyaan-