Sad authors note

Hi, I'd just like to apologise that I haven't updated this story yet, after saying I would. As some of you I co-own a dog rescue. and on the 26/12/2023 one of the dogs in our care went into labour. Which all went fine and had a litter of 10. Within a few days we noticed one of the pups wasn't completely right, and we took him to an emergency vet. Unfortunately the next morning he did pass away.
The next few weeks went fine with the pups, all had vet checks and all were healthy. Unfortunately on the 27/01/2024 (2 days ago) we noticed there was someone wrong with the pups. Within a few minutes we had lost 2 of the pups Riot, and her sister, over the next couple of hours we tried to get in contact with vets in our area (and quite far out) that would be willing to treat them, as the vet we had mum registered with wouldn't. - Mum is now no longer registered with that vet, to be fair I don't think we're even welcome back to that vet due to me eventually losing my temper with them after they refused to help and told us to go somewhere else, even though we had said that no where else would see them because mum was registered with them. They still refuses knowing that we had puppies with us that were dying.
So we cycled through every other vet that we could think of and that we had found through google. None of them would take them due to mum being register somewhere else, one actually had the nerve when I said the pups were dying to say
"well that's what
happens when you have a pet" ... these puppies are 4 weeks old, just under 5 weeks. During this time, we lost 2 more pups...

Thankfully we finally found a vet hospital that would take them and treat them. We got the pups together and 3 of them in a carrier while the worst 2 were wrapped in a blanket and on my knee the entire drive.
Once we got there they were rushed in. Within a few minutes we had to come to the difficult decision of having one of them euthanised due to how much he had deteriorated in the car.

(( if it wasn't for him we would have lost all of them, due to him trying to round up his sibling to keep them warm, this was all while he was also serious sick and could barely walk.)) We do think if our original vets would have treated him that he would have had more of a chance of surviving.
The other 4 remaining puppies were hospitalised and put into intensive care.
Unfortunately, one of the girls passed away this afternoon despite the vets best effort.
We now have 3 of 9 still with us.
One our update from the vet, we were informed that my sweet little Lemmy wasn't doing so well and tonight was critical for him, he had stabilised but his other 2 sibling were started to recover, and he was still weak & not eating much.
As far as we know (and I have specifically told the vet that rang to update to ring at any time day or night) Lemmy and his 2 sibling are still alive and fighting. And all we can do now is wait and hope.
— I may use writing as a way to cope but they will more than likely be on the form of sad imagines.
Now I really hate doing this but as we are a independent rescue we rely soley on public donation, and we have covered the first bills ourselves but we are expecting more to come. If you can/want to help in any way please donate to our PayPal. Everything helps towards the vets costs & the costs for cremation for the little ones we lost.
Our PayPal link is:
https://www.paypal.me/PawsOfHopeMCR
— we can provide photos of receipts once we get them and provide the receipt for the one we have already paid on request.

This message has been pasted onto each one of my books/stories.