Young Love

Emma Myers
SFW
Male Reader as Mike

Emma is at her boyfriend's house tonight. They've been dating for about three months now. Mike is very patient with Emma and her life, considering she is an up and coming actress. He is an engineer and is also busy but both of them spend time together when they can.

They've been taking things slow, haven't really slept over together or moved in together. Usually, Mike drives Emma home or goes over to Emma's house and drives himself home.

It's 9PM and Mike just picked Emma up from work to watch a movie. They sit on the couch together and Emma grabs his hand.

"Ready?" He asks, holding a bowl of popcorn with his other hand. She takes some out of the bowl with her free hand and nods. They begin watching a thriller called "Nowhere."

As they watch the movie, Emma continues to hold Mike's hand.

What if he wants popcorn? Should I let go of his hand? She thinks, Maybe he'll let go or use his other hand.

She looks up at him and notices that he doesn't seem to mind. He's focused on the movie. She smiles and looks back at the screen.

My arm is kind of uncomfortable, maybe I should put my arm around her, Mike thinks, I don't want her to move away from me though if I move my hand.

He looks down at her and she seems comfortable enough in the position she's in.

A little while later, Mike notices goosebumps on Emma's arm.

Should I get a blanket? He thinks, Yeah, yeah, here we go.

"Do you want a blanket?" He asks her. She looks up and smiles.

"Yeah. We can share," Emma replies. She lets go of his hand and grabs a throw blanket from the basket on the floor. He gets back into place on the couch and covers both of their laps with the blanket.

Now should I lift my arm? Mike thinks while they get settled again.

I wanna cuddle, should I just go for it? Emma thinks.

Both of them become too nervous and resume their previous positions. Mike offers his hand to Emma, who gladly accepts.

"I can hold this for a while," Emma offers, taking the popcorn bowl.

"Thanks," He replies. He grabs some popcorn as she holds it between their bodies.

My elbow hurts from leaning on it, Emma thinks, I should just lean on him and make a move.

My hand feels sweaty, Mike thinks, I should just put my arm around her. Make a move.

"Hey—"

"Emma—"

"You—" Emma says.

"You first," Mike says in unison. Both of them laugh.

"Can I put my head here?" Emma asks, leaning against his shoulder.

"Yeah. Can I move my arm here?" Mike asks, wrapping his arm around her. She nods and leans back into him, placing her hand on his chest. Mike rubs her shoulder gently.

Both of them settle into each other, finally cuddling after almost an hour of nervousness. They still have the "young love" type of energy.

Emma looks up at him and sits up. Mike leans down and kisses her on the lips. It's just one kiss, but it's filled with all the love they have for each other. When Emma pulls away, her face is bright red and Mike smiles from ear to ear.

"Mike.."

"Yeah?"

"I love you," Emma says for the first time.  His heart beats fast with excitement.

"I love you too, Emma," He replies. The two stare at each other for a moment before kissing again. It feels different this time. It feels as though their love has grown and multiplied. When they pull away, Emma settles back down and cuddles into him.

As the movie nears its end, Emma is almost asleep. Not because she's bored, but because he makes her feel safe. And when anyone feels safe with someone else, it can create extra oxytocin, which makes people feel sleepy.

Mike has also been rubbing her back for the last thirty minutes, which has also calmed Emma even more. He notices that she's been moving less and more still. He figures she's fallen asleep and is perfectly content with sleeping where he is.

When the movie finally ends, he turns the TV off and is left in the darkness

"Emma Myers, I will marry you someday, if it's the only thing I ever do," Mike whispers. He kisses the top of Emma's head gently before letting his head rest on the couch and closing his eyes. He drifts off to sleep while Emma lies awake, with a smile on her face, having heard all of what he said.