Classes Begin 

[It is morning at Hogwarts, and Annie and Ron are running in the corridors because they're late for Transfiguration class. In the class, a tabby cat is sitting on a desk. Annie and Ron rush in; Hermione rolls her eyes in annoyance because they're late for class.]

Ron: Whew! Made it! Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?

"big mistake"

[The cat jumps off the desk and transforms into Professor McGonagall, on-screen for the first time. They are amazed.]

Ron: That was bloody brilliant!

They all laugh at his childish joy. It was one of the reasons Hermione fell in love with him.

McGonagall: Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps, it'd be more useful if I were to transfigure Ms. Potter and yourself into a pocketwatch. That way, one of you might be on time.

Annie: We got lost.

McGonagall: Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats.

"Burnnnnn" Toni laughs but shoves Regulus with her foot, earning a playful growl from him. Toni responds with her own growl. He responds by pushing her feet off his lap.

Regulus barely manages to hold back another laugh at the look she was giving him. She was sat up now, her mouth open in mock shock and offense.

"The absolute audacity."

He raises an eyebrow and shrugs. "What are you gonna do about it"

Draco and Fred roll their eyes a fond smile on their face.

"Here they go again"

Everyone watches them confused.

"What again?" Natasha asks before Wanda can.

"When they, mostly Toni, get stuck inside for too long with nothing to do, their animals get antsy." Fred shrugs, "Since Toni's animagus form is more similar to a shifter it can even get painful if she waits too long between shifts. I think because of the soulmate bond some of that also transfers to Regulus, just not as strong. So they usually-" He gets interrupted by a growl and smiles, "do that."

Every looks shocked when they see a black panther and grey wolf circling each other. The panther suddenly runs the opposite direction the wolf following close behind.

Sirius is shocked, he had no idea his brother was  an Animagus, let alone one so similar to his.

Everyone watches as the panther tackles the wolf, claws retracted, careful not to accidentally hurt him. Regulus bites her ear lightly and slips away while she's distracted. They face each other again both ready to pounce when Fred gains their attention.

"Gray, Thea" They both turn and perk up at the sight of a worn rope. He snaps and the rope disappears, they both immediately run off to find it before the other can. Laughter echos as they watch Toni trip Regulus.

Remus smiles at them, he really wants to join but he refrains, letting the soulmates spend time together.

Sirius look to Fred, "what are their names in these forms again?"

"Regulus is Gray and Toni is Thea."

Sirius just watches them wistfully, it's been a while since he transformed just to have a bit of fun. Maybe he'll ask if he can join them next time.

Everyone's spirits lift watching the two soulmates interact.

[Later on, inside Snape's potions classroom, the students are chattering, sitting near steaming cauldrons. The door slams open and Snape comes rushing in.]