She made a stank face at me. "Convince her to do what" she got up and went to the fridge. "You know once she finds out that she's entitled to the decisions of this funeral, she's gonna take advantage of it, and give your mom a low budget crappy funeral. And I don't want that for my mama"

Kelsey sighed. "You're right O, I'll call her tonight. Let's go pick out this casket before I lose my mind."

"Up in here, up in here" I started dancing around, causing her to laugh.
_______

August POV

"Nigga you been on your phone since I came up in here, who you texting?" Chris passed me the blunt and I took a puff, blowing smoke out before passing it back.

I looked down at my phone and read Olivia's message.

Olivia(11:38 pm) you better stop playing with me Augusta. I'm from Manhattan.

I couldn't help but smirk at her text. I noticed chris staring at me.

"What bitch you texting? You getting pussy tonight or something?"

"Aye man chill with allat. She ain't no bitch, and it ain't like 'dat" i reached for the blunt and took a long puff. Closing my eyes and enjoying my high.

"It ain't like that? Then how is it nigga? You smashed already?" I rolled my eyes.

"No nigga"

"You feeling her?"

I kept quiet and took another puff before passing it back to him.

"Aw shit. My nigga Aug catching feelings. What's her name?"

"Aug don't catch feelings. And ha' name Olivia"

He licked his lips. "How she look?" He was looking down at the blunt he was rolling.

The old me would have told chris how fat her ass was, or how I wanted to lick every damn inch of her brown skin. But for some reason, I felt like that would be disrespecting her. And I wanted to keep my thoughts to myself. She wasn't just some random broad to me.

What the hell is happening to me?

"She fine as hell bruh. That's all you need to know."

He lit the next blunt, puffing and passing it over to me. "Maybe I need to meet her" he licked his lips again, rubbing his hands together.

"Nigga yo lips crusty or something? Stop licking them mufuckas"

He laughed. "Calm down Aug, I won't take yo lil bitch"

I took a sip of my Henny. "Watch ya mouth"

I made a note to myself to call Olivia later and make sure she was okay. I know that planning a funeral for someone you love can be sad and stressful, and I know she was close to the lady. Even though she hasn't said it, from the stories I heard, Kelsey's mama was always there for her, and now, it was my turn.

After rolling and smoking 2 more blunts, Chris crusty ass finally left. It was 1:30 am and for some reason, I knew Olivia was still up.

I decided to FaceTime her. It rang a couple times before finally connecting. "August?" She was sitting up in bed, with a white tank top on and her hair in a messy bun. Her eyes were red and puffy, I could tell she had been crying. For some reason, she still looked sexy as hell to me. But no worries, daddy Aug about to cheer her up.

"My nigga Mill, what's cracking yungin?"

She laughed, which caused me to smile.

"I'll never catch on to your Southern slang August." She scratched her head and popped a strawberry in her mouth.