𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼𝐼𝐼

Start from the beginning

She'd grown the flowers in Jupiter for nutrition potions, since the category was made for it, but she never could make herself cut something off from her hard work. If she was ever in an emergency, she would have these flowers as a backup, though she hopefully wished she would never have to use them.

Mercury was the garden for her divination. The feathery leaves and short intense scents would infatuate her knowledge of the future. She, however, had little experience with divination and wasn't anywhere near the strengths of a seer.

And lastly, Venus. Its sweet scent would be the first thing that would hit Lorelei's nose as she conjured her potting station. Its velvety leaves were the ones she needed to heal superficial wounds, though she had a much stronger use for the flowers. Hidden between the pots, she kept a few love potions she'd made over the years. She'd been taught the art by Viktor Krane, but had never actually tried a potion on someone else.

She softly caressed the leaf of her gardenia plant in her moon garden. The elements of this plant had healed her more than once. The tranquility of its energy made for a controlled pace in the healing process. She broke off a petal and dropped it into a small cauldron, along with rose petals, caraway seeds, a cinnamon bark, a pinch of nutmeg, a small branch of rosemary, a few leaves of sage and Valerian flowers.

In one sweep, she took a bottle of basic potion liquid and poured it into the cauldron. With her hand, she magically stirred her potion, making sure the heat was on the exact temperature it should be.

The different scents hurdled at Lorelei, making her slightly dizzy. The cinnamon broke free from the rest, reminding her of fall. The ingredients slowly faded into the liquid, until they were all dissolved. She poured her potion into a bottle and drank it when it had cooled down completely. Once more, the cinnamon was the only thing she could really taste.

A bell rang through the halls as she hurriedly made the potting station disappear. She made the doorknob reappear and rushed along the other late students towards the main areas.

Bree was in the training area surrounded by other girls, which Lorelei joined. Bree kicked one of the training dummies so hard, the head broke off and flew through the room. She eyed Lorelei and placed her hands on her hips. 'Lorelei, you're not in my group. You're in Chase's,' she said.

'I'm aware,' Lorelei answered slowly. 'But you're also aware that he can be annoying and I'm in a group of mostly guys.'

Bree chuckled and crossed her arms in front of her chest. 'I hear you. You can stay with my group for today,' she said and made duos of the group to practice their combat skills with a training dummy. She teamed up with Lorelei as she made the number of students uneven.

She instructed the others to begin on their assignment and stood behind the dummy, holding it in its place. 'Go ahead,' she said to Lorelei, curiosity glinting in her eyes.

Lorelei stood on one leg as the other kicked the dummy's chest. Without her other foot touching the ground, she kicked upwards to the dummy's head. She kept on repeating the kicks, trying as well as she could to balance on her one foot.

'Try to kick quicker and with more power,' Bree said and took Lorelei's place, demonstrating it.

Lorelei rolled her eyes behind her back. Bree was obviously using her super speed as she kicked, an ability that Lorelei simply didn't possess. As Bree turned around to her, she forced a smile on her face. 'You're a really great fighter,' she said in admiration. 'Not sure I can do what you do without super speed.'

'Super speed is all in finding the flow of the wind and piercing through it. You use your surroundings to become quicker,' Bree explained to her, which Lorelei thought was actually solid advice. As someone who's connected to energy flows, finding the flow of the wind made complete sense to her.