Chapter 8. Sacred Rituals, Angels, Demons, and All

The news of Ardelean's mate has already spread among all the vassals, their followers, and even reached the enemies. Since Ardelean is there to preserve the balance, the light and the darkness have never been fond of them, as they both desired to be greater than the other faction. Ardelean has consistently proven to be an enormous obstacle in their pursuit of ultimate power on earth. If an Ardelean discovers their mate, they may become vulnerable and prone to making mistakes. Ardelean will also progressively deteriorate and disappear if they are successful in killing their mate. Furthermore, Enrietta Ardelean possesses a legendary strength that surpasses any Ardeleans born in centuries, which presents peculiar obstacles in their attempts.

In Ardelean history, the Rite of Hieros Gamos, also called the Sacred Marriage, was a complex and mysterious rite that was commemorated for centuries. Only when the sacred link ceremony is completed does the power of the Ardelean's mate become apparent. It symbolised the harmonic balance and unification of the opposing energies and signified the divine union of masculine and feminine powers. The holy connection rite is scheduled to take place at Stonehenge, England, one of the most scared sites on earth, built for scared ceremonies and the sacred burial of the late Ardeleans head. In actuality, Stonehenge's layout and placement are designed to be in alignment with the power of the sacred god of extermination, Ukher. The bodies of the deceased Ardeleans and their mates have been buried within the primordial dimension guarded by Stonehenge for countless generations.

Apart from exchanging vows, they can express words of commitment, affection, and mutual embrace with their divine counterparts. The elixir of sacred blood, a special mixture created from the juices of crimson berries that only grew on the grounds of the Corvin Castle and combined with the blood of the two couples—the Ardelean and their mate—will also be part of the Rite of Hieros Gamos. The sacred ritual, accompanied by the consumption of the elixir of sacred blood, served as a powerful symbol of the Ardelean's deep respect for their heritage, their profound connection to the spirit realm, and their never-ending commitment to upholding the wisdom of their ancestors and fulfilling their responsibilities. It was a constant reminder to them that they were all interwoven into the holy tapestry of mortal world existence by the sacred threads of love, spirit, power, and blood.

Before the rite begins, Enrietta will never allow Clarissa to go away by herself or when she is away from Clarissa. This is because this is the time in their lives when both of them are at their moments of highest vulnerability. Since Enrietta has already discovered her mate but has not yet bound her into the sacred process, she will gradually wither away if something were to happen to Clarissa before the ceremony occurs. The ceremony is scheduled to take place during the upcoming full moon, which is expected to happen in ten days. A great number of vassals and Ardeleans have gathered from all corners of the world to safeguard their leader and her companion.

"I never felt this important." Clarissa gazes at the outer walls of the Corvin Castle, which is filled with tourists as always. However, today it seems even more crowded, with the villagers hosting more guests than usual.

They reside in a secluded section of Corvin Castle, accessible only to a select few. Only those who are Ardeleans or their loyal subjects are granted entry beyond the castle's borders. That is where things get difficult, though, because not every Ardelean thinks the same as the others. There are some Ardeleans who, lacking power, choose to align themselves with either the darkness or the light in order to gain recognition and a sense of importance. Ardelean blood is extremely valuable to them, regardless of their level of strength.

"Of course they have to take these precautions, since you're with me." Enrietta gives her sweetheart a chilled bottle of grape juice and explains that it comes from her vineyard, but it comes from the one that cannot be turned into wine: "I was heading home from Mexico before I met my mate, meeting you in England."