Chapter 4. Nuu, be mine...

Clarissa is still in disbelief over what she has done, and her mind is unable to wrap itself around how quickly things have taken place; Enrietta was only at her office a short while ago. The woman she knows in London, the first woman in her life, came to her office; she had no idea how Enrietta knew about her job and workplace. Enrietta informed her that she would pick her up after her work was completed and that she would be visiting someone she knew in Bangkok in the meantime. She just had sex with Enrietta inside her office, on her desk, while her ex was watching them. She can still recall how Dao's face went from being pale to angry, then back to desperate, and then back to angry again all the way through the whole thing. She isn't lying when she says it was thrilling for her, and she would do it again if the situation permitted.

"Fuck, what was I thinking?" she muttered, but she couldn't stop smiling despite the fact that her phone was now blaring like crazy because Dao kept sending her messages and calling her nonstop, "I should block him."

Her entire life had been focused on making other people happy. Her parents had instilled in her the values that she should be kind to others, that she should not be a burden on the family, that she should make her parents proud, and that she should be successful in everything she attempted. She had spent her entire life working toward the goal of attaining the utmost admiration and approval of those around her. There was never a flaw in Clarissa; she was the ideal child, friend, and girlfriend. But she has a feeling she doesn't need to be perfect in front of Enrietta; the woman will probably accept her even if she's insane. She is able to see herself as Enrietta sees her, as Clarissa Burton, and not as a trophy or as the picture-perfect child that everyone else considers her to be.

After she had Dao's number blocked, she took on one more client for the day, and then she decided that would be it for the day and she would head home. As a licensed and registered therapist and psychologist, she provides counseling or clinical therapy to assess and treat mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders. She applies psychology science to treat complex human problems and promote change. She will also promote resilience and help people discover their strengths, and if she believes they require additional medical treatment, she will refer them to a pyschiatrist.

The majority of her clients are only there because they enjoy seeing her appearance, and while this sometimes causes her to despise herself, she can't afford to pursue any other line of work due to the fact that both of her parents are licensed psychologists and psychiatrists. Her parents have made it clear that this is the only career path open to her. After her last session, she checked her phone to see if there was a message from Enrietta, who had left her phone number after they had finished their afternoon sex. In addition to the message from Enrietta, there are a couple of messages from her friends in which they state that Dao went crazy to them and threatened to tell Clarissa's parents about the situation.

What Dao will never know is that Clarissa's parents don't give a damn about who their daughter dates as long as they're wealthy. And judging by the black private jet with the large gold letter 'Ardelean' on its body, Clarissa knows Enrietta is far wealthier than her parents or their standard.

She responded to Enrietta's text message before the others, saying she was finished with her work and ready to go home. And Enrietta told her to wait because she would be there to pick her up. After three years of Dao and all of his minions picking Clarissa up and carrying her around everywhere, she became accustomed to having Dao treat her as if she were a princess. But that's not what she wants; when he treats her like a Princess, he'll put her inside the glass cage with his name on it and tell her to stay quiet while he does other things. She has high expectations that Enrietta won't behave like Dao.

Clarissa walks out of her office by the time Enrietta tells her she's close; she doesn't want the woman to wait, so she walks faster and decides to wait in front of the lobby.