Chapter 24: What if we both would need more

Start from the beginning

"Let's enjoy the long drives and the quality time we spend here. See, no one disturbs us here, but if we are at my place or yours someone will definitely come in."

"And it is not like we can't take some time off" he added as he nuzzled her neck.

"Such days have been recurring more than usual which is a bit concerning."

"Come on, loosen up a bit, you deserve it." He said as he kept his face buried in her neck.

"I am not worried about myself. I can work remotely, that's fine with me. I am worried about you. You have to take care of your restaurant. And honestly coming here that frequently is so tempting. I'm scared we get used to it."

"Oh don't worry, I trust my employees. I have eyes and ears everywhere. So I can confidently tell you, we can enjoy our getaway whenever and however we want." As he felt her sigh and hug him tighter, Jeong Hyeok smiled softly and kissed the top of her head.

He wanted to do anything for her to make her happy.

.

.

.

Present...

"I guess we will never come here together again," Seri murmured before she exited the car and headed towards the cottage.

Knocking on the door, Seri's mind raced with different thoughts. That was the first time after days she would meet Jeong Hyeok.

She wanted to give him a piece of her mind for disappearing like that, but she didn't know if it was still her place to do so.

.

.

.

Finally, he opened the door...

Jeong Hyeok was caught off guard when he saw her, he couldn't move or say anything.

Seri wasn't any better, even though she was ready and trying to prepare herself to see him. The sight of him triggered a surge of emotions, all her thoughts left her mind.

"I am sorry, for disturbing you." Seri was the first one to recover. "You weren't answering our calls, and your family is really worried about you, so I thought you should know... You know to call them," she said everything in one go, trying her best to sound indifferent.

Not receiving a reply from him, Seri turned to leave. At least she got to know that he was fine.

Jeong Hyeok slowly registered everything and finally stopped Seri from leaving.

"Love" He called making Seri stop abruptly.

Did he just call her 'Love'?! She thought.

As Seri turned he continued, "Would you like to come in?"

Seri stared at him for a few good seconds which was nerve-racking for Jeong Hyeok. He didn't know if she was going to burst out at him because he was an ass of a boyfriend, or if she would silently leave without saying a word because, again, he was such an idiot the last time they 'talked'.

To his surprise, Seri nodded and silently entered the cabin.

.

.

.

Both looked around the living room remembering their time together in this same place.

"A lot of things were left unsaid," Seri said, to which Jeong Hyeok nodded.