She came back with four cans this time. The glasses were still there. "It's a competition this time. Whoever wins grants the other their wish!"

"But you get tipsy on one can..." Jeno recalled how touchy she got from drinking only one can.

"Ay, let's not talk about the past." Her long nails which got done only recently gave her a hard time as she tried opening the can again.

"When am around, you don't have to do this." He said nonchalantly after a pause. This time taking the can from her hands and opening it for her.

Karina was blushing profusely that she had to turn and feign a cough. "Well, well let's start!" She squealed divertingly. 

"1!2!3!" The countdown ended and began the drinking competition.

She was only halfway through when he was done with his. He looked at her with a smile finding her competitive spirit endearing. He opened the second can and placed it next to her. All while Karina struggled to finish the first can.

He waited until she was done before he started the second can. He didn't have to but he wanted to.

"Slow down. You are super red and teary." He stood up to get her a tissue from the dining table that was behind them.

When he came back, Karina was already chugging down the second can and gave him a fiery look that said, "I won this."

Beer oozed in the corner of her mouth but she cared for none of that. What she didn't quite realize was that much of her makeup came off when she was napping. It was probably the alcohol but she didn't seem to care about her bare face being seen by Jeno.

"Are you always this competitive?" Jeno decided to drink his beer as usual.

She nodded when she paused to catch a breath. She sipped the last bit and exclaimed victoriously. "I won!"

"Yes, you did." Jeno took the tissue he had placed on the coffee table and passed it to her.

"So what's your wish?" He asked, taking another sip of the beer.

"Come sit next to me." Karina's voice sounded low and draggy. She was already tipsy. Her limit was one bottle. It was a miracle that she was still awake after two cans. Plus her system was already exhaused by the plenty of alcohol from earlier that night.

"That's your wish?"

"No idiot. Come closer." Her eyes were fluttering as she talked and her gestures felt laboured as she patted the empty space next to her.

Jeno went to sit adjacent to her. He noticed she had barely cleaned off the alcohol on her cheek. He took the tissue and did it for her.

"Can you stop doing stuff like this?" She whined incoherently. "It's a lot for my head to get used to. Are you going to take accountable if I get used to it?"

What is she trying to say? Is she that drunk...

It wasn't Jeno's fault that he was just naturally attentive to people around him. And by people around him, I mean people close to him emotionally, not just anyone. Oh if Karina knew, she would probably be in cloud 9.

"What's your wish, Karina?" He decided to ignore what he assumed to be her speaking gibberish under the influence of alcohol.

"My wish is.." She sluggishly pulled him closer by the collar. "Will you be here next year too?" Her voice so soft, he almost failed to hear it. Or was it the sudden closeness that flustered him.

"Uh-huh.. how about EVERY YEAR instead? Can you do that for me?" Her arms were now wrapped around his neck. Her head was slightly tilted to the side, her eyes were barely holding apart while a weak grin sat on her lips.

Karina's face was red because of the alcohol and so was Jeno's but it wasn't due to the beer. "Sure. Since you won." Despite its flawed logic, he decided to agree to her wish. They wouldn't be together forever, but there was no explaining that to a drunk Karina.

"Really?" She beamed. Her eyes widened and a huge smile appeared. "Let's seal the deal then, shall we?" She closed the distance between them causing her lips to land on his intentionally.

Jeno froze in the moment. Her lips felt cold and moist against his and his mind surprisingly alert like he was just struck by a lighting.

It finally happened. The worst that could possibly happen between two people in an empty house drinking alcohol. His heart was beating too fast and his logic was thrown out of the window. Blood rushed all over his head illiciting excitement, was it truly the worst thing? He had even considered kissing her back but then she bit onto his lower lip before her lips trailed down to his chin and she eventually fell onto his chest and dozed off.

"Karina...." he tapped on her shoulder gently to see what happened. There were mumbles of her saying she was tired before she wrapped her arms around him and positioned herself into a comfortable posture as her head rested against his chest.

He subconsciously found himself fanning his face. Later the same hand, on an impulse uncontrolled but his sane mind, starts to pat Karina's head. Taking off her scrunchy so she slept better. Her hair was long and beautiful, he admired.

I can't believe she fell asleep while kissing me....

___________________________
.
.