ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ

Start from the beginning

'Soon, I'll see her and papa again..' You thought solemnly.

"Hey Y/n?" Yugo looked down at you with those brown eyes.

"Hmm?" You said as The Eliatrope set you down on the flower field and sat criss-cross-applesauce-hands-in- fishbowl in front of you.

"Do you like flowers?" He asked as he tilted your head, wanting to learn more about you.

You smiled at him "Yeah! My mother used to have a garden full of them and on Sunday, when the sun was up high, she would let me smell them and help her grow them." You closed your eyes as you imagined it, a content smile etched on your face.

____________________________

"Y/n, Remember dear, Feelings can transcend lifetimes..." Your mother smiled down at you softly, her face blurry and nostalgic.

"Yes maman, je t'aime maman" Your younger self hugged her legs, childish giggles emanating through the peaceful garden.

"I love you too dear, 君がいてくれて幸せ'' She hummed, embracing your younger self、 sleepily snuggled her.

____________________________

You hummed at the memory and soon you started to hum her words, knowing you couldn't say them. The Eliatrope gazed at you before looking away, cheeks tinted red.

The breeze was soothing and the birds were singing. Everything felt tranquil and quiet, almost too much, your thoughts consumed you as you felt helpless. So, to keep from losing your crackers so early in your new life, you divert your attention to your friend.

"Hey Yugo, I have a fun idea," I beamed as he glanced at me.

"What is it?" He questioned, a small content smile playing his lips as he plucked grass from his hair.

"Let's look at the flowers and the one who can identify the most flowers wins!" You closed your eyes with a proud and excited tone.

"Wins what?" The Eliatrope raised a brow in curiosity.

"Eh, nothing in particular. You just win the game!" When he went to answer but you cut him off with your answer. "Poppy! And it's white!" You shouted before he even tried to start talking.

"Hey! Not fair you cheated!" He turned to you with a mock frown plastered on his face.

"Now we've started so get ready cause I'm winning!" You state, loud and proud.

"Buttercup!" You yelled and pointed at the flower, best you could. "Amaryllis!" He shouted in return and pointed.

On and on it went, as you two yelled out, "Mountain ash!" or, "purple pansy!",and even "Primrose!". The game ran on for a bit until you noticed you counted more flowers and you giggled, relishing in your victory.

"I won! Woohoo!!" You squealed, feeling happy and like a proper kid again.

"Not fair! You had a head start!" You giggled and laughed when you peered at his amused frown.

As his expression turned to curiosity, he began to wonder what made you giggle like that. And so he asked,"What's so funny?" The Eliatrope chuckled softly but ever so nervously.

"You- You-!" You laughed some more before recollecting yourself. "You have a dandelion in your hair!" You giggled as you hugged your torso after pointing at the flower.

The Eliatrope flushed and swatted the flower away. You glanced at him and smirked "You know, your hair kinda makes you look like a dandelion!"

The Eliatrope flushed some more and turned away as you teased him. A daisy flew in front of you and gently laid on the grass near the crystal "Oh a daisy," you thought out loud, barely a whisper. A few moments later, the Sadida princess walked in the garden and eyed you two, wondering why you two were in the sadida's love garden.