Sadies birthday

19 years ago 3 days after party
Katie~

It's Sadie's birthday and I have a huge surprise for her. She's my best friend so of course she has to get the biggest gift from me out of anyone I know. I bought her a car and let's not talk about how I got the money. Just a little bit of illegal selling. Her family doesn't have very much money so I thought with my great ideas, I'd get her a car with some money that i know how to get. Me and my mom pull into the driveway and I get out. My mom tosses me the keys and I head towards the door. I've been so excited to give her this. I knock on the door and wait. Eventually she opens the door and smiles nervously. "Happy birthday!" I shout as I give her a hug. She hugs back for a second and then pulls out of the hug. "I can't really hangout right now" she tells me. As soon as she says that a voice interrupts our conversation. "Who's at the door?" A boy says and comes to the door. I look up at him. It's Jason. My ex boyfriend. "Oh... alright then... have fun" I turn away and walk back to the car. She calls to me "Katie!" I don't turn around. I get back into the car with my mom and hand her the keys. "Why didn't you have the keys to her?" She asks. "She's literally in her house with my ex boyfriend, she doesn't deserve such an expensive thing from me. My mom lets out a sigh and we back out of the driveway and go home. Sadie has no idea the things I've done despite how much it hurt to do it. I'm literally in love with Bill, and I encouraged her to go for him. I've only ever wanted her to be happy and she never does anything in return. She doesn't need to buy me anything to make me feel any better, it just simply hurts that she would go after my ex. My mom takes us back home.